Converting Video Files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by illegalprelude, Dec 11, 2006.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Alright you guys, so here is my question. I have quicktime 7 pro (anything pretty much in the Final Cut suit) and ive been using Handbreak to rip my DVD's to store them on my computer to access within my network. Now, they all rip as MP4 and thats fine.

Ive been wanting to transfer my files over to my PS3. Now it dosent read MP4 but it does read Mpeg 4 and H.284? :eek: Now, on my PC, i have a program called Yamb and that converts MP4 to Mpeg 4's but everytime I take a file and do it, it comes out corrupted when I put it on my PS3 (works fine on my Pc and Mac)

But if I download a video on my PC (mp4) and use that program, it works fine on my PS3. Now, I have quicktime pro 7 on both my PC and Mac. Lets assume ill keep on the Mac side. I have my ripped movies, what setting can I use in QuickTime Pro that I can keep the movies same quality and size, yet have it be in Mpeg 4 and or is there any other programs you would recommend me to use to just change its format.

Any help would be beyond fantastic :cool:

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Take a look at VisualHub. It can convert to PSP. (I haven't personally tried it with PSP, though).

3. TAV macrumors regular

4. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

but do these programs keep the quality intact too? thats a big deal for my sense my sony lcd is doing 1080p and the PS3 can output 1080p. Cause I know of other video converters that work for the PSP and I know quicktime can do it but it drops the quality wayyyy lower from everything ive tried. So my goal is to keep the quality as high as possible

5. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

I think Instant Handbrake will rip to PSP, but you'd probably have to rip them all again. Could be a pain if you have lots of dvd's.

6. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

well the problem is though, most of these that convert for the PSP usually downgrade the quality too right? make it for the PSP's smaller screen while I got my Playstation 3 hooked up to a 60" 1080p Sony so I really am trying to keep the size intact too