Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today marks what would have been Steve Jobs' 59th birthday, and Apple fans around the world are once again remembering the Apple co-founder and CEO more than two years after his death.

jobs_1955_2011.jpg
Apple CEO Tim Cook is unsurprisingly one of those remembering Jobs today, and Cook has acknowledged the day in a pair of Tweets honoring Jobs and vowing to continue "the work he loved so much".

Remembering my friend Steve on his birthday. "Stay hungry, Stay foolish". We honor him by continuing the work he loved so much. - Tim Cook (@tim_cook) February 24, 2014
While remembering Jobs' legacy, Cook may also be indirectly addressing Apple's lack of significant announcements so far in 2014, reminding his followers of Jobs' philosophy on making sure all details are taken care of.

Remembering Steve on his birthday: "Details matter, it's worth waiting to get it right." - Tim Cook (@tim_cook) February 24, 2014
Cook has promised that Apple is working on "some really great stuff" in new product categories, with a smart watch and new television-related products topping the list of rumors. With Apple rarely being a company to rush to market, Cook may be quietly asking for patience as the company continues work on its upcoming products and services.

Coincidentally, today also marks the 14th birthday of MacRumors. Founded in February 2000 before the introduction of the iPad, iPhone, and even the iPod and OS X, the site has grown enormously and fostered the creation of our sister sites TouchArcade and AppShopper. As always, we are grateful to our readers, contributors, sponsors, and all those for whom MacRumors is an online home or a regular stop.

Article Link: Tim Cook Honors Steve Jobs' 59th Birthday: 'Details Matter, It's Worth Waiting to Get It Right'

SethBoy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2007
That’s one way to justify the time it’s taking for iWatch to make an appearance…

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
With Apple rarely being a company to rush to market, Cook may be quietly asking for patience as the company continues work on its upcoming products and services.

"Life punishes those who delay."
-- Mikhail Gorbachev

Others are already shipping products. Why wait for products from Apple that are not even announced but merely rumored?

crackbookpro

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Om nom nom nom
The newest adverts are going back to the old Apple. I think SJ would think that's pretty cool.

Of course, all the new products, Steve would be proud of, but the latest ads are what Apple was/is all about. Took a couple decades for the products to do what they transpired to do from Steve's vision.

Tim Cook is legit, and is putting most puzzle pieces in the proper place @ Apple.

Z400Racer37

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2011
-- Mikhail Gorbachev

Others are already shipping products. Why wait for products from Apple that are not even announced but merely rumored?

Cuz the products they're shipping suck.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
"It's Worth Waiting to Get It Right."

We've been waiting since the depart of Steve Jobs for Apple to "get it right".

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
Rest in peace, Steve.

So young. It's tragic. Needless to say, he was an inspiration to many, an enemy to some, a villain to others.

You could quote him, disagree with him, glorify or vilify him -

But you can't ignore him. Because he changed things. He pushed the human race forward.

Where others saw crazy, we saw genius.

Because the one who was crazy enough to change the world, was the one who did.

Steve-Jobs-Think-Different.jpg

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
Remembering Steve on his birthday: "Details matter, it’s worth waiting to get it right."

Really Tim? So why the f did you rush iOS7? And Mavericks? And iTunes11?

SusanK

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2012
Rest in peace, Steve.

So young. It's tragic. Needless to say, he was an inspiration to many, an enemy to some, a villain to others.

You could quote him, disagree with him, glorify or vilify him -

But you can't ignore him. Because he changed things. He pushed the human race forward.

Where others saw crazy, we saw genius.

Because the one who was crazy enough to change the world, was the one who did.

Very nice post remembering Steve. Thank you.

trout4u

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2013
Seattle, WA
:D:DMac Pro or wait for mini :eek:
Mac Pro or wait for mini :eek:

Oh, happy birthday Steve and MR

Well, theres no talk of the mini today, tomorrow is the regular announcement day. It looks like the Mac Pro!:D

Last edited:

Dented

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2009
-- Mikhail Gorbachev

Yes we're all missing out by not buying a Galaxy Gear. I mean a Gear 2. Sorry, I meant a Gear 10.1 with S-Pen. No, my mistake, the Gear 12-mini, that's the one for sure. Thank goodness I didn't wait for Apple.

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
"It's Worth Waiting to Get It Right."

We've been waiting since the depart of Steve Jobs for Apple to "get it right".

One of the problems with having a larger than life persona at the head of a company is that people's perceptions get all distorted.

Because, while Steve was at the helm, everything went perfect, no products had flaws and everything was puppies and champaign.

Steve's reality distortion field even works from the grave.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Details matter, it's worth waiting to get it right.

Perhaps a little ironic.. one of the things I noticed working in QA in Apple before & after Jobs' return was a noticeable switch from a "ship it when it's done" to a "ship is on time" mentality. Particularly when it came to OS releases.

I guess now that Apple have shifted away from fixed, biannual Macworld releases (and are happy pre-announcing products that ship months later), the pressure is off again and the focus is going back to quality over time constraints.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
On computers/browsers where I have a homepage, MacRumors is it. I normally set it to None though - it's a waste of bandwidth to load a page I may or may not be interested in each time I launch a web browser.

signs

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2010
That second tweet is indeed the Apple I care about. Those details add up so one can see the promise of what you're offering. This is part of the 'educating the user' that SJ's Apple always did. There's a big difference between saying "here's a great tablet" and "What will your verse be?" There's a story and understanding that one connects to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.