cool article on BOBBY FISCHER

Discussion in 'Community' started by krossfyter, Feb 19, 2003.

1. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

long but cool. if you have time check it out... tells you whats up with this guy. good read.

click this shizz

2. medea macrumors 68030

medea

3. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Wow. Very interesting. I never knew about that side of Fischer. He does seem like an idiot now, and is aparently very jealous of everybody. The only thing he (was) good at was chess, and when he lost that, he just went down from there.

He is a very shallow person, who should've spent more time studying for school than playing chess. His ego got the best of him. Because he was good at chess, he thought he could be good at everything. When he wasn't, he started coming up with excuses to make things look as if they were not his fault.

A very sad story indeed...

4. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

you are welcome!

5. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

yeah i hear ya. i was shocked that this "chess guru" was that much of an anti-semit. very shocking indeed. not to excuse his bad actions or hurtful ideology or whatever but really people this brillant at some craft... wither it be art, music or chess... are kinda lofty, trippy or controversial on matters not having to deal with thier craft. am i wrong here? i mean look at van goh, liberache, micheal jackson, mozart, or einstein. they lacked hard core in a lot of areas... some of them were also rather controversial and definitley didnt speak or interact like your regular run of the mill commoner. maybe bobby is to average or poor at everything else but chess. it seems like chess was all he know... and he knew it better then damn well. maybe he spent all his life energy on the game of chess and didnt have any energy left over for anything else. who knows? correct me if im wrong or someone else try and explain this to me becaue i may be lacking in explaining the real issue here.

6. ozubahn macrumors regular

That is a very interesting article, and oddly close to home. I grew up a couple miles from the infamous Bekins self storage in Pasadena, and passed it every day on my way to and from work. Now I am living in Tokyo. It's almost like I'm following Bobby Fischer... Yes, that's it. I'm probably part of a vast conspiracy that's out to get him.

7. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

No, you're entirely right. As someone who played in a lot of chess tournaments and was tutoring adults in chess at the age of 13, I know how hellish and stressful chess can be. People think it is just a game, but it is so much more than that.

I've given it up mostly though. It's way too unhealthy. I'll stick with my experimental music for now. :)

8. charboneau macrumors member

There's a theory now that there is a continuum of autism, that everyone has qualities of it in varying degrees. Those that tend to be "geeks" are thought to have it to a greater degree. A greater interest in objects than humans (like those who fetishize computer hardware and have problems with human interaction;) )) is considered a sign of a higher level of autism.

Fisher's focus on the realm of chess and inability to understand much of anything else could be a sign of a relatively high level of autism.

9. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

so how did you find this article, by searching for bobby fisher?

:rolleyes: ok sorry.

carry on.

pnw

10. medea macrumors 68030

medea

what are you doing music wise, have anything up on a site, such as mp3.com?

11. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

cool thats what i thought.
    yeah lets hear your music.

12. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

well that explain it then. puts the chaos into a chorent rational form i guess. thanks for that.
    im now going to use this thoery to excuse/explain my lack in certain areas of my life!

:D

13. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

heh. actually no... i at times read some articles in atlantic magazine.

this one just impressed me enough.