Cool deal for military folks :-) NRA Membership

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Airforce, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Saw this on another board, figured there might be one or two interested here :)

http://www.nra.org/supportourtroops/

I've never been a member, but heck..it's free for a year Everyone likes free stuff :p

2. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Thanks I just forwarded it to my son in the Navy.

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

5. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Yup. Every American has a right, nay a duty, to own a gun. Just incase the British try to recolonise :rolleyes:

Anyway, this thread is so clearly flamebait that I'm embarrassed I even responded.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Flame bait no, spam maybe.

7. Airforce thread starter macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Negative, I'm just big on free stuff for my fellow military folks. Saw it over at anandtech.

My favorite one so far has to be the free admission for 1 day + family to Busch Gardens (seaworld, and a few other theme parks as well). Wife and I use them every year :D

8. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Let be be the first person to imitate what others are going to say: "Oh my gawd! You redneck Americans and your guns! You know so and so amount of people die from guns every day??!! I'm a free-loving weed-smokin hippie that eats only veggies, thank you" :D

Cool

9. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

nah - who's afraid of the british? they don't even have guns:p . we need to arm ourselves against each other - the american way of loving life, you know?

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Not gonna complain with free.:)

11. halfprep455 macrumors regular

halfprep455

The 2nd ammendment in the constutition says "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

This means that we have the right to bear arms to form a regulated milita! It does not call for individual gun rights. I am an avid hunter and I do alot of shooting and target practicing(Im 30th in the nation for shooting). However, I do not believe that gun rights are protected by the constution. Im so sick of the NRA using the 2nd ammendment to argue for gun rights. Theres a reason why the NRA hav NEVER argued a case befor the supreme court. And when they did in 1936, they lost! I belive that citizens have the right to arm themselfs for protection and hunting but I dont think its a protected right!

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

13. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Hmm... well Japan has a lot less guns and well guess what, a lot less dead people too. :eek: