Cool Desktops?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Wano, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Wano macrumors 6502

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good website to get a nice clear desktop picture of a city at night time with all the streaking lights and so on?...or where I could find the picture apple uses on there Powerbook page in all the PBs, it's off the famous sydney oprah house and the bridge?
    Thanks!

2. DeKa macrumors member

That'd be the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge :D

We do get Oprah on TV here, but she doesn't have as many sails as our Opera House :p

Derek.

3. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

the more of us aussies the better, btw when was that taken?

4. shakespeare macrumors 6502

That's not the same picture Apple uses, is it? It's similar, but I don't think it's the same one. Theirs, I think, is cleaner. But perhaps I am entirely wrong.

And do you ask when it was taken because of the new wartime decoration to the poor beautiful Opera House? Is that still there?

(I may be against the war, but moreover, I am against the defacement of beauty - something that war and vandalism both bring.)

5. DeKa macrumors member

With so many boats in front of the Opera House, the photo can only have been taken at one time: New Years Eve.

On New Years Eve boats more (sp?) *everywhere* around harbour to watch the fireworks.

Derek