COOL! Forbes knows inside info!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MacAztec, Dec 29, 2002.

1. macrumors 68040

MacAztec

"Good news for the Apple boss: From April 2003 through January 2004, some "turbo-cosmic energy" will bring on "an unprecedented surge of creativity" that Miller says will result in well-received new products. The sweet spot will be in August 2003, when Miller says he'll be able to announce "breakthrough news," involving a deal with Apple and a major partner. Think different, indeed."

Found this here....
    FORBES

2. thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hmmm

Sorry for the DP but...

Could this "major partner" be Phillips? Dang, I wish apple could be a little earlier on this announcement.

Oh yea, to read the article, click the banner that says "The Signs of CEO Success" (kinda looks like an advertisement)

You have to wait about 90 seconds for the section on S Jobs.

3. macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

Steve Jobs, Pisces
    Feb. 24, 1955
    "Turbo-cosmic energy" will give the Apple boss "an unprecedented surge of creativity" from April 2003 through January 2004. Next August he'll be able to announce "breakthrough news "-a deal with a major partner or the government.

Umm... Astrology? Your kidding right.

-Doc

4. macrumors regular

What about this is news?

IBM will have the 970 about ready by then. They're more than likely the new partner that the article mentions.

5. macrumors 6502a

I'm excited for the "turbo cosmic energy" myself!

6. macrumors 68000

turbo cosmic energy plus reality distortion field=?

I don't know about you, but I'd be looking for that big Asteroid about that time...

7. macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Good grief!

I really didn't understand what the big deal was about this "turbo-cosmic" stuff. "What the-?"

Pretty funny stuff.

8. macrumors 65816

Sedulous

IBM will have the 970 about ready by then. They're more than likely the new partner that the article mentions.

I thought IBM has been a long time partner? They must be referring to someone different.

9. macrumors 65816

jholzner

What bout a cell phone company? iPhone? That would be a pretty big partner.

10. macrumors 65816

benixau

iphone is software. can we not get tht idea here. iphone is software. most likely IMO a vid conferencing app.

11. macrumors newbie

what about...

What about Sony.

First, Apply aspires to be like them.
    Second, Philips is partnering with Apple on Rendevous...so what? Apple could partner with Sony and make all sony products (TVs, DVD players, etc) rendevous compatable and put firewire 2 ports in a lot of them. That would be a hell of a lot better than with just Philips.

12. macrumors 68000

lmalave

Re: what about...

I could see Apple doing what you're saying - working with Sony to make sure its products are compatible with Apple technologies. I don't think you'll ever see a cobranded Apple/Sony product, though - both companies pride themselves on product design too much to share credit like this. I could see a cobranded Apple/Philips product, though, since Philps has the manufacturing capability and distribution channels, and Apple has the great design team.