Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
You know how you can hold Shift + Control or just Shift by itself to slow down the Genie minimising effect? It works with Front Row too! Hold down the combo before pressing 'menu' on the remote, and your screen will zoom out or in in super slow mode!

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
it's already in slow-mo, no buttons pressed!

Seriously, i'm consistently disappointed with the responsiveness of front row (on a mbp and mac mini).

but cool trick though! I love those :)

jive

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2006
Scotland
Why were these things included in OSX? They don't really do anything except show off - and they're not mentioned in any of the manuals/official sites >_>

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
jive said:
Why were these things included in OSX? They don't really do anything except show off - and they're not mentioned in any of the manuals/official sites >_>
I dont think there is a real reason, just a nice little easter egg :p

Str8edgepunker

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2001
Philadelphia, PA
jive said:

Pretty much this was back in the early days of OSX when Jobs was showing off how windows minimize to the dock via the genie method. Try it!

chairguru22

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2006
PA
jive said:

i agree. this is useless when other things couldve been more helpful, like integrated button mapping to create a your own shortcuts or the option to quit programs when hitting the close button...

Mojo67821

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2006
thewhitehart said:
You know how you can hold Shift + Control or just Shift by itself to slow down the Genie minimising effect?

Whoa... now I do... that was sweet :)

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
chairguru22 said:
i agree. this is useless when other things couldve been more helpful, like integrated button mapping to create a your own shortcuts or the option to quit programs when hitting the close button...

you can create your own shortcuts... though you can't remap certain keys though.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
chairguru22 said:
I was miffed about not quitting programs when I hit close button, but now I got used to and started preferring cmd-Q shortcut.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.