Cool Keychain ideas/suggestions?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, Jan 25, 2007.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Well, Valentine's is coming up. (collective cringe from men all over).

Yeah. I'm thinking of buying my girlfriend a keychain for that occasion. She definitely needs one.

But I don't want to buy some random keychain. It'd be great if I can find a cool, unique or nifty keychain. Anyone here have ideas or knowledge of cool keychains? I'd like to spend $30 or less, so nothing too fancy/expensive. Not some gadget-y keychain like lights or something. A simple keychain, but with a unique design. Maybe a stone cut into a cube? Something.

(And no, no Apple keychains. ;))

2. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    How about one with a picture of the two of you...

3. Toe macrumors 65816

Toe

This one is pretty cool. Was given to me by someone who was visiting Arizona. The medallion in the center spins. Also, the key-ring is very nice/easy to add/remove keys.

Attached Files:

4. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

5. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

What does she like? My gf likes a particular baseball team, for instance, and I gave her a keychain with the team's logo and she was really happy :)

Think about her favorite things: sports teams, WB characters... Try gift shops nearby

6. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

there's nothing sweeter than a stick of EDO RAM for a key chain.

Attached Files:

7. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

an USB drive keychain is nice too and put all your guys favorite songs and/or pictures on it. or if you have the time and talent make a mini movie/slideshow that plays when you plug it in.

Another keychain I like is the laser etched photo ones on stainless steel...

8. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

I'm getting my really good friend who is a girl (not exactly bf gf at this moment, hopefully soon ;) ) A keychain for her 15 and 1/2th B-day. As thats when she can get her driving permit in this state. It's star shaped and has a letter "C" on it. (Her name's Courtney).

Attached Files:

9. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I guess if you had a purse, but I wouldn't want to put that stick of RAM in my pocket.

10. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

I like keychains that aren't too bulky, so even if I see a nice beaded one that you can get at most bookstores, I have two that I love: 1) a small silvery thing that says "Passion"; 2) my Apple flashlight that a friend gave me from the Apple store in Cupertino.

11. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

You have no idea how many chicks I pick up with that.

12. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I've got some coins on my keyring – I've had them on there for years now. They're old Spanish 25 Pesetas and they were minted with holes in the middle.

Obviously most places don't mint coins with holes in, but maybe as an idea for a personal keyring you could get some coins from places where you've had a nice holiday together, get them drilled and give them as reminders of the good times you've spent away in each others company?

13. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Nerd alert!

:D

Just kidding, I like it... mind you I actually framed the old 601 processor card from my Power Mac 7500 when I upgraded that to a G3... I'm just a big nerd myself... ;)

Maybe I'll rummage through our so called office, which really is just a rather messy storage room, to find a RAM chip that can complement my current keychain, a blue Maglite Solitaire:

[​IMG]

14. bartelby macrumors Core

I've got 5 bottle openers on my keyring.

Oh, and one key...

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

16. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

There's some cool stuff here.. I especially like the four-leaf clover keychain.

17. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Nothin says lovin like a $30 or less price tag.
    Check Tiffany.com they have a nice heart keychain there that is worth your while.