Cool little green button!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mad jew, Feb 19, 2005.

1. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I was a bit of a late starter to the iTunes craze so it took me a little longer than most to realise that in OSX, hitting the little green button in the top left corner made the player go into mini-mode. Yeah, I know, I'm a little slow... :) But anyway, I was then reading in an OSX book that there are other apps that have similar features like mini-mode. It failed to mention what they are so I was wondering if anyone out there knows of these other apps and what pressing the little green button will do...

2. unfaded macrumors 6502

Typically pressing the green button is akin to the maximise feature in Windows. Press it and find out, can't hurt :)

3. mad jew thread starter Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, I've grasped that one thanks. But are there any apps like iTunes where it has different effects? I've been clicking green buttons all day long on the ones I have to no avail so far... :(

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Just another little tidbit...you can keep the iTunes mini player on top of all other windows by ticking the appropriate box under preferences/advanced :)

As for the little green button, iTunes is the only one I can think of right now which doesn't follow the usual maximise to fit rule.

5. ClarkeB macrumors 6502

ClarkeB

I don't think any apps are "maximize to fit"...it's just a zoom button. To "maximize to fit" you have to drag the corner to the corner of the screen (allthough if you have a 4:3 display it technically does max2fit)

6. mac-er macrumors 65816

Mail is maximizes to fit.

But, Safari (which I have stretched across my screen), shrinks to half the width of my 17" FP.

7. ja0912 macrumors member

I think what he meant by "max to fit" was "adjust window size to window content".