Cool Program (CoverFlow)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by furryrabidbunny, Aug 19, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

2. macrumors 65816

asif786

yeah, i noticed this app last week..

it was slow, but you're right - it's cool - i love the whole glossy table effect :)

3. macrumors 601

Diatribe

I've been playing with this for a while now. It's pretty awesome but slow??? If you're on a G3 maybe. It runs fine on my 12" PB.

4. macrumors regular

Nice..

I am not having a problem with its speed. I am, however, having a problem getting off of it! Thanks for the link, I think it is a great program!

5. macrumors 65816

asif786

hmm..well i did use it last week while my hard disk was dying..so maybe that played a part..

it wasn't too slow while using it - but the first rn where it looks for all your art took long for me (iMac G5)

6. macrumors 601

Diatribe

The first run takes long for everybody. It still is only a technical demo, so a lot of optimization will come its way. Anyway, hope you didn't have too much trouble with your HD and did backup your data.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

i noticed last night though, it didn't load all of my albums. did anyone else notice this? It would be awesome if apple developed something like this for the big 5.0

8. macrumors 65816

asif786

I think it only loads full albums..at least I think so..Although I'm not sure how it would determine what a full album is?

9. macrumors 65816

asif786

Thanks -- I managed to save everything apart from my iTunes music..which Apple is now refusing to let me re-download. Thanks Apple - your lame hard drive crashes and I have no music now. Super.

10. macrumors 6502a

quackattack

Just what I was thinking. This would be amazing if it was integrated into itunes.

By the way, it only loads albums over 20 min. You can change this in the preferences.

11. macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

You can change how it determines a full album. The default is that it has to be 20 minutes long.

12. macrumors 6502

After using the app I found that it took up far too much space on my hard drive so I deleted it, along with all of the prefs and support files that came up with spotlight and ran permissions. Still a fair amount of space is being mysteriously taken up.

13. macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

It's only taking up like 60 megs for me. How much space are we talking about here?

14. thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

what are these mysterious files? got me worried now.

15. macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

Neat! It's a bit sluggish on the iBook--I'm excited to see it on the iMac though....