cool stuff to do w/ extra PB?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacsomJRR, Feb 5, 2006.

1. MacsomJRR macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

Howdy mac freaks,

I'm gonna be upgrading my Tibook G4 1ghz to a shiny MBP soon and I have a question about what to do with my soon to be old PB. I could sell it and use the money to buy something cool but then I wondered why not just keep it?

Is there any reason for me to keep my old PB beyond just having two laptops? Is there anything cool that I could do with my old PB?

Thanks for the ideas.

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Backup?
    Tablet!?

..Sell it and get lotsa RAM for the MBP. :D

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....I sort of go through this every time I think of upgrading one of my Macs too - and actually I am looking at replacing my TiBook too with a new MacBook Pro. Ultimately though, I always end up getting rid of the extra computer, either by selling it or donating it....I can neer really justify keeping yet another computer around that will see very little use and just depreciate more. So I would say sell it and get your self lots of ram, a good external backup drive, or whatever else you may need for your new laptop.....oh yeah!

4. MacsomJRR thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

Thanks guys, I'll probably end up selling the TiBook:)

I can't wait till I get my hands on that MBP:)

5. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

How about saving it for doing a nice hack. Fx. you could built it in to the wall next to your toilet. That way you don't need to bring the newspaper when you have to go - you can just surf, check your mail, watch a movie...

A

6. MacsomJRR thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

Haha. Would you use a powerbook that sits in someone elses bathroom all the time?