Coolest avatar used by Mac Rumors members?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bengt77, Jun 13, 2003.

1. macrumors 68000

Bengt77

This has probably been done before, but I just wanted to see what everyone's favorite avatar is, currently used by any Mac Rumors member.

I'd like to take the chance and vote for mmmdreg. Darn, your avatar is cool!

Any other votes?

:)

(I could only wish to be at 500 posts. Still some 380 to go...)

:(

2. macrumors 604

iJon

i always liked mine, but i think its time for a new one, ill have to start thinking. one of the coolest that comes to mind was dukes animated one with nemo and i believe the angelfish.

iJon

3. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Let the complaints roll in.

I was thinking of using something in bad taste (or is that tastes bad?) ...

Attached Files:

4. macrumors 65816

Foxer

Re: Let the complaints roll in.

Please, no. That's just sick and wrong.

5. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Well, of course...mine is! Matrix rockz! :D
    But seriously, I like the one Mr. Anderson (or as he was known at the time, dukestreet) had, it was like an x-ray of a person and you could see the lungs and heart moving as he/she breathed, very cool!

6. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Sorry for the double post, can't edit in attachments once posted :(

I did rather like this one I made quite a while back, perfect for a 'tar on a Mac site I thought...

Attached Files:

7. macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Wow!

Wow, never saw that. But sure sounds cool! Although I like the one he (Mr. Anserson) has right now, too. There are some excellent avatars floating around here at the Mac Rumors Forums.

:rolleyes:

8. macrumors 68040

mactastic

I like scem0's latest one. And Sun Baked - please NOOOOOOOOOO don't make us look at that all the time!

9. macrumors regular

one of my favorite avatars belongs to teabgs.[​IMG]

10. macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

Current 'Tars?

let's see... animated:
    backtothemac
    wdlove
    mr. anderson

static:
    jelloshotsrule
    medea (i did love the amelie one, though)
    shaddowfax (again, new one's good, but so was the last one)

lot's of good 'tars here, though...

11. macrumors G4

Anybody remember my tadpole?
    [​IMG]

Or my massive cat orgy one?

[​IMG]

12. macrumors 68030

medea

I've stated before that I really love trebblekicked' Chaplin tar, so that would be my current animated favorite, the former dukestreet had some great ones in the past though.

I'm a little biased but I've always liked medea's choice of avatars.

13. macrumors regular

My favorite 'tar would have to be Wardofsky's new one.

Attached Files:

14. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: Current 'Tars?

piss off! ;)

i think my favorite was the "monk" one i had at some point..... and some of the ones me and rownerd had cooked up for the avatar contest that never happened

15. macrumors 604

scem0

I like his too. :D

[​IMG]

16. macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

thanks for the props. i was going to do the same kind of animation w/ Buster Keaton, Harpo Marx and Fatty Arbuckle if you want one...

dukestreet's nemo 'tar was amazing. how did he get that under 20k?

Hot Jello: i have that animated version of yr current 'tar, but it's in .swf. maybe i should reinstall IR on my desktop so as to finish that...

vniow: (re: cat orgy) that is grosser than gross.:)

17. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

for old times sake.... i went for a change. heh

send me the swf if you can trebs... jimmy@gelbin.org

18. macrumors G4

There was a SWF version of the neon green suit one?

19. macrumors 6502a

jethroted

Re: Let the complaints roll in.

Personally, I like it, but there are too many sucky babies out there who would complain. I have that video clip, and I think it's hilarious.

20. macrumors 68030

medea

are you doing these from quicktimes? because I can't fine any quality quicktimes of keaton or chaplin.

21. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

trebble made one i think... just never got to make it into a gif.... and ignored all my requests to email it to me. hah

22. macrumors 68000

agreenster

....which was ripped off from mine, which I actually modeled!

;)

23. macrumors 68000

e-coli

I have a really nice one that's been "on deck" for a looong time. Unfortunately, I'm still 40 posts away.

Maybe I should start double posting.

24. macrumors 603

shadowfax

Re: Current 'Tars?

say, thanks. we'll have to start a rena fan club, as just about every single one on the web sucks. the only decent one is hosted by geocities with probably like a 50 MB/month bandwidth limitation. i swear, like 3 times i have been browsing and it tells me the site has exceeded its bandwidth limitation for the month.

i liked my old one better too, i think it did a much better job of expressing that whole depression/blues than this one does of expressing that whole self-satisfied grin--a woman pleased with her beauty. it's an interesting idea, so very dangerous, in many ways. i picked it more because it's different than because i thought it was better :)

i think one of my all-time favorite's was Jello's of Daniel Day Lewis from Gangs of New York. there was something so classic about the guy dressed up all aristocratic and pointing at you. love the new one though, didn't Rower use that for awhile some time back?

but i am sticking with that one as my favorite. can you post it in here jello?

25. macrumors 68000

e-coli

39 to go.

LOL

(sorry. it was a joke). ;) :D