Coolest iPhone mod i have seen in a while

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dandrews524, Sep 13, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

3. macrumors 603

troop231

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

5. macrumors 68020

awadeee

This is pretty neat! Hopefully they'll do something similar for the next iteration of the iPhone.

6. macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Mods should make the phone better...if it sucks one ounce of battery life, count me out! Great eye-candy...not very useful.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

i felt the same way but according to the article there were no adverse effects. the only downside was the price, which was like 80-160 dollars, which is why i wouldnt ever do it.however, if someone offered to do it for free i would not decline

8. macrumors newbie

This mod is amazing! I want! Lol.

9. macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I'm still trying to understand why my iMac doesn't do that?

10. thread starter macrumors 6502

as lame as it sounds, the apple that lights up is on of my favorite things about my macbook pro. i think thats why i liked this mod so much

11. macrumors 68020

Agent-P

Since the iMac isn't portable, the Apple logo most likely is always facing the wall behind you desk (unless you have your computer desk set up with the back exposed). The point of the glowing Apple logo is for other people to see it.

I like this because it adds to the effect of the iPhone. Although I don;t think this mod would look as good on the white iPhone 4. They didn't provide a picture, so I cannot know for sure how that would look.

12. macrumors newbie

A dream is reality

I had a dream that the iPhone 5 was the iPhone 4 but with a glowing Apple logo and thats it nothing else :( It was really realistic as well, I awoke saying I'm off to buy the iP5, weird cause A) i know it isn't released and B) I wouldn't buy it if all they did is making the logo glow :apple: :D

13. macrumors 68040

boss.king

It's cool as a mod, but I can't help feel it's tacky and unnecessary.

14. macrumors 68030

Savor

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple officially does this for future iPhones. They will give us an option to turn it on and off. I probably have it glow when it is night time and go out to the bar. Perhaps we see this by iPhone 7 since they tend to be behind the JB dev community by about two years.

I always loved that glow on the MacBooks. It may not seem all that important and it isn't. Just eye candy. But I can still see it being a standard and option for future iPhones.

----------

Not really.

Removing the iPhone 4's back is the easiest unlike the previous three before it. Go on YouTube and compare videos of the original vs 4 when it comes to replacing a battery manually. Who knows if the iPhone 5 will have a backing that is hard to take off?

15. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yes, because no one will be using an iPhone 4 after the 5 drops.