Cop shoots himself in the foot

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by EGT, Apr 13, 2006.

1. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

Dumb cop

This is without a doubt one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. I shouldn't laugh.

And to make it even worse, the guy is now suing over the release of the tape, alleging that through its dissemination he has become known as a fool in much wider circles than he might otherwise have been...

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Have. To. Stop. Laughing...

Don't know what's more tragic, that he - as the only one professional enough to handle a gun - shoots himself, or that he actually sues the government... :rolleyes:

3. Uma888 macrumors 6502

LOL. I saw his on Channel4 News, the guy was supposed to be teaching gun safety

4. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

The internet was created for one purpose and only one purpose. That purpose is sharing videos like this one. That was awesome. I love dumb people.

6. Leraste macrumors regular

Leraste

HAHA. Reminds me of when I took my firearms class. :cool:

7. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

At least he improvised well after he shot himself. I would have been limping out the door muttering mf'er....

:eek:

8. CompUser Guest

I love when they take out the big gun, everyone gets scared, he says its not loaded, and some one screams "yes it is"

9. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

New recruitment slogan for that police department ... "Our officers work to protect the public, and they will continue to do that as soon as they learn to protect themselves first. Oops!"

10. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

How does the saying go again... "There's no such thing as an unloaded gun" or is it "An unloaded gun is the most dangerous"

Hmmm...

Lethal

11. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

He should at least get "Honorable Mention" for the Darwin Awards. If he were dumb enough to have put the gun to his temple and killed himself he may have won this years 1st Prize. Oh well, there's alway next year.

12. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

13. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

I was giggling even more I clicked the link, just from the title. Very bad of me. :p

14. justkeith macrumors newbie

The first I saw it I pissed msyelf:D

then when I recovered enough to watch it again - I started to feel admiration for his recovery, especially when he re-emphasised the safety aspect

... then I saw the girl with 'that thing' and changed back to my original viewpoint ...

like a lot of the undercover police this guy just seemed to get off on his legal thug gig - calling big time rappers names like he's up there ...

and now he is ...

15. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I know the feeling, but I was actually giggling from the video, but the lawsuit article had me in stitches... :D

16. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Whoops, rereading my post it didn't really make sense. :p

I meant to say:

I was giggling even before I clicked the link. :)

17. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Are we sure this is for real, not just one big wind up? I've never been shot, and would never wish to be. Now call me a big girls blouse if you like, but, I would have thought that no matter how big and tough you are shooting yourself in the foot would f****** hurt like buggery :eek: and keeping your cool simply wouldn't be an option :confused:

18. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

"How money you make?"

ps: this is really really old internet type stuff

19. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Yeah, it is real. Sterangely enough it (he & his lawyer) was on The Today Show this morning.

this is 2 years old.. and the guy is a (former) DEA Agent. And it was a stupid mistake. He cleared the chamber, but didn't take out the clip (like he should have) and when he closed the slide, he chambered a round. I'm sure he's done this a million times (He worked for the DEA for like 16 years), and was just unlucky enough to be caught on film. Dumb mistake, but it could happen to anyone.

And now he's sueing the Federal Government because the video was seized as part of an internal DEA investiagation and never should have made it to the internet.

20. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

That is indeed hillarious. But there is a part of it that makes me totally sick to my stomach. That was a room full of children. It just as easily could have been a child getting his/her head blown off as that dumbass shooting himself in the foot. Why in the world would they let those guns into a school even if they are being handled by a "professional"?

I remember when I was in school, we had a police man come in and show us a bunch of police equipment and some gun safety, but every single one of the items he brought in had been disabled. Not sure if they were welded somehow or what, but you couldnt pull the trigger and the barrels were plugged.

21. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I agree that it should have been "disabled", but at the very least, he could have simple unloaded the clip and it wouldn't have made a difference to Timmy Elementary.

22. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

Glock makes training pistols that cannot be fired. He should have used one of those. Using a real gun to show off is just stupid.

Attached Files: