Cops Tackle Suspicious Man at U.S. Capitol

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by CubaTBird, Apr 12, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

2. iGary Guest

iGary

3. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

great picture - a shame it doesn't include the swat team. He does look slightly suspisious...

A

Attached Files:

4. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    So what happened to this guy? Was he "disappeared"? I caught the blip on the news pages yesterday, and then, nothing...

I mean, what if he was just a dude with a thing for black and a lot of carry-on baggage from his flight? I actually thought the whole incident was a little freaky, since the definition of "suspicious" is highly subjective. What makes a person "suspicious"? Is there one action that says, "I'm not just a European tourist taking a look at the White House while enjoying a day's layover in DC, but in fact some Matrix-agent type dude with sinister plans for global conquest?"

Now I kinda want to go to DC and launch a little experiment on suspicious behaviour...

5. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

I think he stated that he would only speak to the President.

6. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

Oops, big mistake - never ask to "take me to your leader". We're Americans darnit, we're not supposted to question the folks in charge! ;) :rolleyes:

7. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Yes, he was definately a European tourist because he was from China.

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

[​IMG]

Isn't that guy a panty salesman? I would have thought he had an appointment to deliver samples.

Maybe it was canceled because he tried to deliver inferior product that wandered around and chafed.

9. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

I stand corrected on the nationality of our suspicious person, though I was more speaking theoretically.

I guess I'm wondering, how much more paranoid are we now than we were 5 years ago?

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

He was trying to get in to see Bush?

Probably just a lobbyist with suitcases full of money.

11. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

What was his game?
    Was he a walk in?
    Testing the response time of the police?
    Just a loon?

12. aplasticspork macrumors regular

there was an article in the seattle times about it today, i'll see if i can get a readable picture of it and post it here (dont have a scanner so i have to use a digital camera)...

wish me luck :)

EDIT: link ...there was an excellent picture in the newspaper though, so i'll try to post a picture of that since it doesnt seem to be on the seattle times website. it shows the police/secret service people sneaking up behind him...

EDIT2: picture...[​IMG]

--andrzej

Attached Files:

13. jnicolso1 macrumors member

Actually he is an Australian Citizen, he is being deported back to Australia without charge. It seems like he got off pretty litely, no trip to Gitmo for him. Seems like Australians like to take the p**s out of US security, I was in Houston a while ago and some other Australian was convicted of making a threat to an airliner and got 5 years in prison.

14. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

A three-hour investigation of the suitcases, including blasting them with a water cannon, revealed nothing threatening, Gainer said.

This is more like the Keystone cops than the 21st century.

15. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The police state strikes again, did you guys see how hard this guy was tackled? they hit him so hard i thought his neck was going to break. Then to find out his luggage was just that luggage. Meanwhile Congress & the President are guilty of not defending the Constitution from the Mexico invasion. I would like to see all the Congress and the Pres get this same kind of tackle they gave this guy for doing nothing on millions of illegals every year. Discraceful is what our govt has become on both sides.

17. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

pretty damn silly if you ask me - its almost as if he was testing to see what would happen...

what a nutter

D