Copy Contacts from iPhone to Sim Card

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jetheat, Jan 25, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

Is there a way to copy the contacts from the iPhone to the sim card.

I then need to use this sim card in another phone.

Isim and Simport don't exist for iPhone 3G so can't use them.

If you're thinking about synching, I have an iMac.

Any ideas?

JH

2. macrumors 68040

Knowlege Bomb

As stupid as it is, I don't think this is possible with the iPhone. I've never been able to find a way.

3. macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

It's another one of those senseless feautues missing on the iPhone.

4. macrumors 68020

question fear

Unfortunately, your best bet is probably to find a way to sync the other phone using isync.

5. Tomaten, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012

macrumors newbie

This is ****ed up :mad:
    My 5 yeah old nokia can do it - but the "oh so faboules iphone" cant do it... geesufreakingchrist :mad:

6. Tumbleweed666, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012

macrumors 68000

True but possibly 'so what' as there's a 'gotcha' here, very little work has been put into making SIMs have a larger capacity. so its very easy to have many times more contacts on a PDA/Phone than you'll ever get into a SIM. I have an old Nokia with what at the time was a larger SIM, but it would never store the number of contacts I have on my Treo.

7. macrumors 68040

Why do you need to? Everything is copied to iTunes and your contacts on your computer.

8. macrumors 601

t0mat0

Free mobileme, sync contacts, export them out, cancel mobileme.
    You could use funambol to get them too.

9. macrumors 603

The other person may have a secondary phone that isn't an iphone that they may swap the sim in. So iTunes isn't much help there...

10. macrumors G4

Small White Car

Even my wife's old RAZR can sync contacts with the computer over bluetooth. And it's a couple years old.

There are actually still phones out there that won't sync with Outlook or Apple's Address Book?

11. macrumors 603

I think my nokia 2610 doesn't support that. Of course I only use the 2610 when I am going to a place where camera phones are not allowed...

12. macrumors 6502

My crappy backup nokia doesnt sync with outlook, but i can save contacts to the sim card. Another oversight by apple.

13. macrumors G4

Small White Car

That looks pretty similar to my last phone and I didn't think there was anyway to change the SIM card in that yourself. Can you actually open that up?

14. macrumors 603

Yup the battery cover comes off, the SIM is under the battery.

15. macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Haha, add that to the "missing" list. :p

16. macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It's obvious that the omission of this feature wasn't just an oversight since the iPhone allows you to copy your contacts stored on your SIM card to your iPhone, so obviously they thought of the reverse of that feature. The only reason why you can't do this is so you're stuck with the iPhone once you switch to it since there isn't a simple way to keep your contacts on your current phone, unless it's an iPhone.

17. macrumors newbie

Clearly the iPhone CAN write contact to its SIM - it's just cr-apple that are making it hard for everyone. See iSIM check your App Installer press Sources, then Edit, then Add. Next, type http://tinyurl.com/3544mp

18. macrumors newbie

You are unfortunately right - Apple want to take control - else I could not explain why this simple feature is missing!

Think different => Think like Apple

19. macrumors 6502

Yeah, until they straighten this out Apple will probably never sell any iPhones.

20. macrumors newbie

21. macrumors newbie

can this be done by

Sun Valley Co have an application called Cloud address book
    Can this be done by uploading the data to the contact store that cloud book supply, swapping the new SIM into the iPhone and restoring it?

B**** silly way to live life ... come on Apple -- give us the feature everyone else has -=- sigh!

22. macrumors newbie

easy solution

Use "Share Contacts" to MMS the contact to your phone. Then Add new contact, then delete the old one.

23. macrumors member

violetgoose

Ugh! I wish there was a way. I may have to get an old phone just so I won't have to deal w/ this *****. iCloud deleted ALL of my contacts the other day... And I thought the entire point of iCloud was to back up everything I had? Now I have to start from scratch and am afraid this will only happen again, and I didn't even do anything to my phone! This is a perfect question and with technology being so flaky nowadays I don't think I trust it so much anymore. Now I am manually adding people to my Address Book so at least I have that to fall back on if I ever lose my contacts in the future.