copy & paste font in Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CrzyCanuck72, Feb 24, 2007.

1. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

Is it possible to set Firefox to a default font when copying & pasting? That is, I'd like webpages in Firefox to display as normal, with the site's own fonts, but when I copy & paste text (into Word for example) I'd like the text to be automatically changed to Times New Roman size 12, for example...it's just annoying to have all these random fonts all over the place in my documents...

does anyone know if this is possible? Can I change something in Word to do this?

thanks in advance

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

My default font is different for Firefox and even though the site may override it, when I paste into another application, I get my default font.

So, you might try setting your defaults as you would like the paste to work to see what happens.

3. narbuckle01 macrumors newbie

CrzyCanuck72~

When you set your default fonts did this problem resolve for you? I am desperately trying to figure out how to change firefox to make my default cut and paste font times new roman 12 pt, instead of helvetica 13 pt. I changed by defaults in firefox and it did not work. Help....

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

it more a word issue than firefox's since firefox is just doing what everybody is doing. word is the one who tried to read more information from the clipboard, sometimes people actually like this..

anyway, there is an extension for firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/134 copy plain text.

5. narbuckle01 macrumors newbie

I installed the plug and in and I still followed the instructions from Gillock's add on page even (the copy and plain text) and when I paste into word I still get a funky font and formatting. Oh well.... Thanks though!