copy/paste

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BBasdas, Mar 25, 2007.

1. BBasdas macrumors member

BBasdas

I hope this is the right forum to write this:

for some reason I can not anymore copy a writing on Firefox and paste it on the word document. There are some quotes in some newspapers I want to use for work, but i can not do the copy/paste. on some pages copy/paste works. why doesnt it work in others? any clue how to fix this? :D thanks!

BB

2. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

Have you tried Safari? Is the problem only confined to Firefox or does it affect other browsers as well?

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

What software exactly are you using for the text editing? OpenOffice, NeoOffice, Microsoft Word?

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Some Web sites have taken to using simple tricks so that straightforward copy/paste doesn't work, as a form of copy protection. The "printer friendly" versions of such pages are usually free of this, and also many such pages are only copy-resistant if Javascript is active.

5. BBasdas thread starter macrumors member

BBasdas

yes, some actuall work on Safari. But I use firefox (all my bookmarks etc set there) and it is frustrating to keep checking both :) and also some script (in Turkish) does not appear correct/readable on Safari.

I use Microsoft Word.

and what does this mean?
    "also many such pages are only copy-resistant if Javascript is active."
    is there a way to escape the copy protection? :)

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

You can try shutting off Javascript and reloading. I've also run into pages where select all works, even if the mouse can't grab the text. Why these sites bother with HTML at all if they don't want people to use them as HTML is a mystery.

7. BBasdas thread starter macrumors member

BBasdas

8. BBasdas thread starter macrumors member

BBasdas

ok so actually the problem is from cut/paste from the firefox to WORD. I can actually paste it to Entourage new email, or IM windowns (msn) - but cant paste it to WORD. Safari works fine to WORD. but isnt this weird?