Copy songs from iphone to computer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stupendusboi, Jan 23, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Hey, so I just recently got a virus and it erased everything from my computer, including my itunes/music :(. Now, i havent synced my iphone to my new computer yet, and i was wondering how to copy the songs on there(which i didnt buy on itunes) to the computer. ANybody have any good (and free) programs that will take them off and organize the songs on my computer? BTW i have windows xp :) Thanks a million

2. macrumors 65816

open itunes and on the sidebar where it says "so and so's iphone" right click that, and click transfer purchases. authorize the computer, and ur good to go.

3. macrumors 68000

Daremo

The OP is asking for a way to copy songs "which i didnt buy on itunes", so transferring purchases does him no good.

On a mac I use PodWorks, so i'm sure you can find a windows based program to do the same. I would seriously Google it, or if someone here knows of a PC version, maybe they have a suggestion.

4. macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I found a free program for Windows called SharePod that works great. I've only used it a few times but worked like a champ for me.

5. macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

:rolleyes:

OP, sorry to hear about your virus :( Good job on not syncing to the new computer, though! A lot of people have found this article to be really helpful when needing to recover music from their iDevice:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/copying-music-from-ipod-to-computer/

6. macrumors P6

-aggie-

You really need to start reading the posts, instead of shooting out quick answers that are wrong. I've seen you do this way to many times, and one day you're going to screw someone over, if others don't come to the rescue.

I also use Sharepod. It's a great free program for just the situations the OP is in. There also ways to get other info off with other programs, if you're interested.

7. macrumors 6502

Do a google search for iTunes spelled backward and you will find a helpfull app.

8. macrumors 68000

greygray

Maybe you need to read the OP's post too. :rolleyes:

OP: Sharepod's a great utility. Use it! I've provided the download link for your convenience. :)

http://getsharepod.com/download

9. macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Stupid question, but does Sharepod work with only iPods or what? Wonder if an iPhone would be any different here.

10. macrumors 65816

So I guess it works on the iPhone too.

11. macrumors 601

t0mat0

Clickfree transformer is also worth looking into.

12. thread starter macrumors member

thanks for all your help! i used sharepod and it works perfectly!

13. macrumors G3

rhett7660

I know this is an old thread but thank you!

14. macrumors member

Perfect. Thank you.