Copying a song, is it ALL or nothing ???

Discussion in 'iPod' started by igmolinav, Dec 4, 2006.

1. igmolinav macrumors 65816

Hi,

I was copying a song from my CD to my itunes library. As I was copying the song, itunes is so cool that it "alerts me" or "tells me" of the remaining copying-time. However, when there was only a second left of the copying-time to be finished and to have the whole song, the copying got stuck. I don´t know if it is something that you have experienced but it got stuck for a few minutes and didn´t continue copying. Furthermore, just because the computer was not able to copy the the "last second", I lost the whole song.

Is there a way to get "partial songs". I mean, sometimes it is ok if one doesn´t get the whole song or just a little bit of the song is missing.

What can I do ???

Thank you very much,

Ignacio

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Try toggling the error correction settings in the Advanced pane of iTunes Preferences. I don't know how to manually sync a portion of a song though, sorry. You might be able to do it by playing with the start and stop playing times of the track, but I haven't tried this. :eek:

3. igmolinav thread starter macrumors 65816

P.S. If for this post there may already be a previous post, would you please be so kind to show me the link or direct me to it. In advance I apologise for all the trouble.

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Each song is a file. So it behaves exactly like if you abort a copy of a file before it's finished on the Mac, i.e. it's not copied.