Copying Application and Document Icons

Discussion in 'macOS' started by IJ Reilly, Apr 26, 2006.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I would like to include icons for a few applications and documents in a Keynote presentation I'm preparing. I know I can find the icons for most applications in the .icns file in the application package. But what about the generic application icon, or the package installer icon -- where can they be found? Also, where are the icons for documents stored?

Thanks!

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Just go to the program and click it once. Then get info (apple + I). Once the info window is open click the little icon once and copy (apple + c). Open an image editing program create a new file and paste (apple + v). The application icon should now be available.

3. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This seems to copy only the smallest version of the icon, which is really too tiny to use. The large version shown in the Preview pane evidently can't be copied to the clipboard.

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I've got a folder of "OSX Tiger Default Icons" in both .png and .icn formats. I have no idea where I got them, but I can email them to you if you want. Everything is in there, but I don't know what size: I presume up to max operational size. PM me.

5. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

No idea where you got them, eh? Do we need to meet in a dark alley to make this drop? :)

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

No but I'll PM you later: I'm just off out to dinner.