Copying music from iPhone to iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chuckd62687, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors member

Is there a way to copy music from my iPhone into a new iTunes library?

2. macrumors regular

3. thread starter macrumors member

How about something that runs on a Mac?

4. macrumors regular

5. thread starter macrumors member

It appears that both of these apps are for iPods and both require them to be in
    "disk mode". I need to get music off of an iPhone and don't believe there is a way to put it in disk mode. Is there a way to get music off of my iPhone and into an iTunes library?

6. dZp
    macrumors 6502a

7. macrumors newbie

yes

make sure you reset your old computer back to original defaults then plug in your iphone into new computer when itunes pops up hit the tab store at the top of the page authorize computer and then go to itunes tab and choose it will bring options up the one you want is transferring purchases from iphone! Note you need to make sure you download all itunes to your iphone or ipod depending on the space from your old computer first before trying this so that is the first step then erase and install your old computer then plug in your device or ipod log in with the same id you used then do the steps with authorizing and then hit itunes and transfer purches from the device or ipod and enjoy!! I didnt pay 99 bucks after all apple always trying to make a buck but not on my watch lmfao!!!:p

8. macrumors newbie

Image Capture

Using Image Capture you can simply download your photographs and music to your mac

9. macrumors newbie

Image Capture?

Image Capture for music?
    Is there a trick? On my iPhone 4 it only shows the Camera Roll.

10. macrumors member

Hi, I used the free version of iPod 2 mac (which works also for my iPhone).

http://www.macroplant.com/podtomac/

You can either purchase it for 20 bucks and have cool stuff.
    or you can use the free version where you have to do it one by one.
    However, I have 1,300 + songs and once I started I got it over in like an hour maybe (use your keyboard down arrow + click, much faster).

Also it will say you have to wait for 60 seconds after transferring x number of songs, but if you ignore the message after the 60 seconds are down, it will just allow to transfer unlimited.

So I am very happy of this program, now I have all my songs on my mac and itunes library (which I will back up right away so I don't have to do it agaiN!! lol).

Good luck !

11. macrumors 65816

JamesMB

If the music is "Purchased", connect your phone to iTunes, right click on your device and select "Transfer Purchases". That will transfer all of the purchased music, and apps to iTunes, and you don't need any software to do it. If you need software, iRip 2 works for a lot more than music. There is also podtomac, and senuti, that will work well.

12. macrumors newbie

13. macrumors newbie

DeTune

Just bought my Macbook Pro today. And synced my music with DeTune. Works perfect!

14. macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info

Thanks it was helpful

15. macrumors newbie

16. dZp
    macrumors 6502a

It was at the time of the post... way back in 2008. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.