Copyright in iPhoto?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nomadic82, Sep 15, 2006.

1. nomadic82 macrumors newbie

Hi all, I'm just wondering if there is any way to add a small 'copyright' message to a photo in iPhoto. I know that you can in PS, but I don't have PS, and now have a few photos on a flickr site, but have noticed others have copyright message on their pics, and thinking it may be a good idea. If anyone has any ideas/solutions I'd love to hear them... Thanks...:)

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You need an graphics editor to do it. iPhoto is not really an editor. It cannot add text to images.

3. nomadic82 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks... I thought maybe I couldn't, but there was no harm in asking!! I guess I'll have to save up for PS2!!

4. Gee macrumors 65816

There's plenty of free or shareware graphics programs you could use, you don't need to cough up for photoshop.

5. nomadic82 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sweet, could anyone recommend me to a good one? When you do a Google search there are so many out there that I just don't know where to start!:confused:

6. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

I just tried adding text in Seashore and it works fine. I'm sure you could create a layer that you could quickly add onto all photos you want to put the copyright on. I'd tell you if I knew how.

7. Gee macrumors 65816

Try looking on versiontracker.com - much more organized than a google search.

And when you're on there, GraphicConverter is worth a look. It's been around for years. I'm sure others will be able to recommend lots of other programs.