Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Hi all.

I am in the market for a cordless mouse and keyboard. I have a bluetooth dongle, so it can either be Bluetooth or RF. I checked out Logitech's site, and most of their keyboards don't say they are supported on the Mac (that is not to say that they don't work).

I'm really happy with the MX700 mouse I use at work, and wouldn't mind getting the entire desktop for my home computer, but I wanted to know if anyone has gotten the Desktop LX 700 to work with their mac, including the degree to which it works (I'm aware that the mouse and all of it's buttons are programmable, but do the keyboard buttons work? or is there some way to get them to work?)

Do you guys have any other ideas on cordless desktops? What do you use? I'm in the process of creating my dream machine, and just can't have wires all over the place, if it's truly a dream.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: perhaps it would just be better to grab an apple bluetooth keyboard and then either the logitech mx700 or mx1000? What do you guys think about that?

Sox

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
It seems like you want a multi-button mouse, so that rules out Apple. But I'll put in a vote for the Apple keyboard. I don't think you'll find a better one, whereas with mice there are tons of options based on preference.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
apple's BT offerings are great, i would definitely pick up the keyboard, now if you want a mulit-button mouse i would look at Logitech's MX900 for BT, if wireless through use of another usb port is okay with you then pick up the MX1000, which is an amazing mouse

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Thank you guys for your suggestions. I've decided to go with the apple keyboard and logitech's mx900 mouse. I can't wait until everything arrives. Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.