Cordless Optical mouse with a tiny USB transceiver

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by onlydroops, Sep 17, 2003.

1. onlydroops macrumors member

Does such a thing exist?

I'd like a cordless optical mouse, but without the transceiver and huge wire (kinda defeats the purpose).

I'm looking for a little receiver (similar to those USB drives) that just plugs into the USB port and sticks out the back of the computer/laptop a little bit.

2. dotcomlarry macrumors regular

3. onlydroops thread starter macrumors member

Precisely what I was looking for! Thank you!

Just curious, but is Kensington the only manufacturer of these types of wireless mice?

4. onlydroops thread starter macrumors member

I guess Bluetooth is an option, right?

Isn't everything wireless with Bluetooth as long as you have Bluetooth peripherals?

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Where's the best place to get a cheap bluetooth multi-button mouse w/ clickable scroll wheel for my new 15inch PBook?

6. j05h macrumors newbie

I'm looking for the same thing.

7. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I played with a wireless Kensington Studio mouse at CompUSA today and I must say it was really cool. It looks cool, feels comfortable, and it has a nifty 'iPod-like" touch scroll pad in the middle to replace a wheel and a third button.

8. Ensoniq macrumors regular

I've used the Targus Wireless Mouse before, and it's neat. Works cleanly, and has a cool blue LED that lights up on the receiver every time you move it. (I think it's nifty.

Images are available at MacMall, and it's slightly cheaper than others.

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=447549

9. j05h macrumors newbie

The only bluetooth mouse I could find is from Microsoft. Is it compatible with Macs? The reason I want bluetooth is so I don't have to have a reciver sticking out of the usb port.