Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
That blows. I don't think that's right. Anyone else have that experience? $175 Vs. $350 is an insane difference.

Yes,I can confirm this.I just got back from the Salem NH Apple Store to replace my three day old Macbook,bad inverter.I asked about the 2GB upgrade and the guy said $350.I said "But it's only $175 online?Online is different than B+M he says.I asked him if he was going to kiss me first..Didn't see my sense of humor :rolleyes:

faroukabad

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2006
They always come from China, don't they? We ordered a Lenovo notebook for someone at work and that came from China, too.

My C2D macbook went to Indianapolis, and it said it's been released, and now it's in transit. Hopefully it's going directly to South San Francisco. The delivery date still says Nov. 15. Info for anyone else who is in the same shipment.

Someone at work wants to know if the macbook is powerful enough to crunch a 1 gig Photoshop file, so the experimentation willl begin immediately upon it's arrival.

I'm finally giving up on my beige G3 after frankensteining it to the max, gonna take it to work and do office stuff on it, though. It's been such a reliable comp. I hate to retire it just yet.

Mr Ikasu

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2004
I'm in the UK and my stock 2.0GHz White was shipped yesterday with an estimated delivery delivery date of 24th Nov which has now jumped to 20th.

:D

Can't wait, been 2 months since I sold my iBook in anticipation of this.

totalschultz

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2006
recieved

i ordered my blackbook the afternoon the new ones were released, and it was delivered yesterday! that was quick, huh!
seems to run just fine too.
i couldnt believe how little came in the box. the marketing design of some of the materials is pretty schultz, but i wont complain.

paulvee

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
NYC
peripherals

When is someone going to release an auto adapter for these machines?

I have not gotten any definite word from vendors yet. Is the magsafe connector that difficult to duplicate?

wildmac

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2003
What I really find amazing is the helpful detail Dell gives you when you order a computer, and how pitiful the information is when you order an Apple. When I ordered a Dell earlier this year, I knew extactly where in the process it was, each step along the way. With the C2DMB I ordered a few days ago?.. Well, ADC seems to think I didn't order one, the order status shows a 10-day shipping slot even though I paid for 2-3 day delivery, and from the other tales of woe here, espcially for the poor saps buying the 17" MBP, it's clear Apple doesn't have great control over their process.

We'd all be better off just waiting until Black Friday, or Leopard intro day, and getting the 10% off then. Buying at an Apple store seems like the only sane way to do it anymore.

AppliedVisual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2006
We'd all be better off just waiting until Black Friday, or Leopard intro day, and getting the 10% off then. Buying at an Apple store seems like the only sane way to do it anymore.

Considering the number of actual complaints over their order fulfillment are very low. So far, I think I can count all those posting to these forums with unreasonable 15" MBP delays on one hand still.

The way Dell builds and delivers systems is entirely different than how Apple does it and you're not going to get the same type of information. When you place an ADC order, that's handled a bit differently and you fall into a different place in the production/delivery queue. It's part of the trade-off for getting your ADC discount. As for your 10-day shipping window, that's the window in which it is supposed to ship and has nothing to do with the 2-3 day shipping. Once it actually ships, your system will be sent to you in the 2-3 day period. This is no different than ordering a Dell... Actually, Dell is known for taking a day or two from the time a system "ships" to the time UPS/FedEx/DHL actually have it in their posession for delivery. Or if you want my opinion on Dell's order status and delivery, they're no better than Apple and I've had plenty of frustrations there... I've ordered tons of Dell systems over the years, mostly servers and notebooks, but without elaborating, I'll just say it's been a lot of systems.

wildmac

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2003
Considering the number of actual complaints over their order fulfillment are very low. So far, I think I can count all those posting to these forums with unreasonable 15" MBP delays on one hand still.

The way Dell builds and delivers systems is entirely different than how Apple does it and you're not going to get the same type of information. When you place an ADC order, that's handled a bit differently and you fall into a different place in the production/delivery queue. It's part of the trade-off for getting your ADC discount. As for your 10-day shipping window, that's the window in which it is supposed to ship and has nothing to do with the 2-3 day shipping. Once it actually ships, your system will be sent to you in the 2-3 day period. This is no different than ordering a Dell... Actually, Dell is known for taking a day or two from the time a system "ships" to the time UPS/FedEx/DHL actually have it in their posession for delivery. ...

Well, from my prior Apple online purchases, things have certainly gotten worse. The guys in the 17" MBP thread are nashing their teeth now.

In any event, what they display in the order status doesn't seem too accurate or helpful.

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
They've now moved it along one more day :mad:

Estimated Delivery Date 25 Nov 2006 (Subject to change)

krayg

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2006
UK - South of England
They've now moved it along one more day :mad:

I'm in the UK and mine has been moved along to the 25th too. :mad:

I hope it comes quicker than this, I mean come on, even if its shipping from china, I could fly over there today, have a weeks holiday and be home again before the 25th!!!

mauly

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
I'm in the UK and mine has been moved along to the 25th too. :mad:

I hope it comes quicker than this, I mean come on, even if its shipping from china, I could fly over there today, have a weeks holiday and be home again before the 25th!!!

Mine still says the 20th...

krayg

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2006
UK - South of England
what are peoples experiences of shipping times when ordering from apple? Are the estimated delivery dates usually correct or are they purposefully set back to cover apple in case of a delay - meaning that its mroe likely the delivery date will be earlier?

I'm hoping that is the case because I am desperate to recieve my new macbook!!!

grum

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2006
Just ordered (on my girlfriend's credit card :p ) - not shipping til the 20th and not delivering til the 29th apparently :(

2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM-2x1GB
80GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
Superdrive 6x
No Modem
No Optional Software
Apple Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter
Keyboard/Mac OS-B
Country Kit-GBR

Think i'm going to buy a bigger HD and get an enclosure for the existing one.

Could anyone confirm for me that this HD would be compatible? http://www.europc.co.uk/pages/ProductDetail.aspx?PID=73917&refId=froogle

thanks.

willthiessen

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2006
Virgil, ON, Canada
I ordered mine last Wednesday, and it said it's supposed to ship between Nov 13-15. Still nothing :mad: Has anyone else in Southern Ontario received theirs, or at least had theirs shipped? I should've just gone to Toronto to pick it up.

krayg

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2006
UK - South of England
Just ordered (on my girlfriend's credit card :p ) - not shipping til the 20th and not delivering til the 29th apparently :(

2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM-2x1GB
80GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
Superdrive 6x
No Modem
No Optional Software
Apple Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter
Keyboard/Mac OS-B
Country Kit-GBR

Think i'm going to buy a bigger HD and get an enclosure for the existing one.

Could anyone confirm for me that this HD would be compatible? http://www.europc.co.uk/pages/ProductDetail.aspx?PID=73917&refId=froogle

thanks.

I'm not 100% sure as I'm no expert, but it does look like it should be fine in the new macbook, it is a 2.5" drive, with SATA and only 9.5mm in height, so according to posts ive read it sounds perfect. And not a bad price - ive bookmarked it myself for when my macbook arrives!!!

shane0mac

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2006
alberta, canadia!
I ordered miune on tyhe 13th and it is expected to ship between the 14th & 16th, it hasnt showed any movement yet, im gettin a little worried, last time i ordered it shipped right away. Has any have any info regarding a possible delay or backorder??? :(

rand0m3r

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2006
hi, i'm in australia and i'd like to receive the C2D macbook just after my last exam (23rd nov). i plan to get the 2gig upgrade to the middle-model, so when abouts should i order it so that it arrives on the 24th or there abouts (so i don't get distracted from studies). thx :D

sierra oscar

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2006
South Australia, Australia
hi, i'm in australia and i'd like to receive the C2D macbook just after my last exam (23rd nov). i plan to get the 2gig upgrade to the middle-model, so when abouts should i order it so that it arrives on the 24th or there abouts (so i don't get distracted from studies). thx :D

Ordered mine the day of release - delivered within 24 hours - so it appears apple had have plenty of stock in the country (then) - assuming stock levels aren't depleted (unsure how many units are selling per day here) you will get yours very quickly

rand0m3r

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2006
Ordered mine the day of release - delivered within 24 hours - so it appears apple had have plenty of stock in the country (then) - assuming stock levels aren't depleted (unsure how many units are selling per day here) you will get yours very quickly

was urs a BTO?

hmmm... i think i'll order the day before my last exam then.

faroukabad

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2006
mine was waiting for me when I got to work this morning. I opened it and checked it out, it looks good on the outside, everything fits, no shoddy workmanship visible. I ran fsck, it reported no problems. Ran repair permissions, that didn't show up any repairs necessary, either. So it looks like it has a good install on it. It's quiet, can't really hear the fans, but I haven't run Photoshop on it yet.

It's been on for about 2 hours, doing internet stuff, and the CPU temp says 60-61c. Seems a bit hot but this is my first laptop. Now I'm trying to decide if I should reformat/reinstall and put OS X on a separate partition, or just leave it and start loading apps. It's an 80 gig drive and 18 gigs are taken up already just with the stock software!

Overall I'm really pleased with it so far, it doesn't seem to have any of the problems some people are reporting. It's really a sweet little comp.

Toronto1970

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2006
I ordered my BlackBook on the day of the release (upgraded to 2GB and 160GB drive).

Original ship date was Nov 13-15, but it's just been pushed to Nov 17-21. :-(

If it was just the RAM upgrade, I would have bought it at an Apple Store (I believe Canadian Apple stores seem to price the RAM upgrade similarly to the online store, although I'm not 100% of this). But I don't think they will upgrade the harddrive onsite.

I'm assuming that it's the harddrive upgrade which is delaying the shipment. Has anyone with just a RAM upgrade had their machine shipped on time?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.