Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Romulus

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2006
Parallels works just fine with a MB C2D 2GHz and 1Gb RAM... I used just one virtual machine with Windows XP (then later downloaded from Microsoft SP2 - it's all good, office is actually very snappy under parallels, I dare to say faster than the 2004 for Mac). That's what I used to have, however for improved performance I have upgraded to 2Gb which is probably something very useful overall, not just for Parallels but also for Rosetta and similar applications.

bbarnhart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2002
anyone has a clue about black friday? when is it and what the deal ?

Black Friday is the day after the US Thanksgiving holiday, which is this Thursday. It is called Black Friday because it is the "official" start of the Christmas buying season and it is supposedly the time when retailers first begin to show a profit for the year. (Red to Black). There are usually lots of sales, some stores with loss-leaders.

daijhin

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2006
Thanks kumbaya. I can't wait to be on the plane to HK and bringinig back that white beauty.

Umm .. "No food thank you. I need the tray for my MB"

:D

gmanrique

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Shipped faster than expected but...

I ordered my BlackBook on the day of the release (upgraded to 2GB and 160GB drive).

Original ship date was Nov 13-15, but it's just been pushed to Nov 17-21. :-(

If it was just the RAM upgrade, I would have bought it at an Apple Store (I believe Canadian Apple stores seem to price the RAM upgrade similarly to the online store, although I'm not 100% of this). But I don't think they will upgrade the harddrive onsite.

I'm assuming that it's the harddrive upgrade which is delaying the shipment. Has anyone with just a RAM upgrade had their machine shipped on time?

I ordered the white book (mid one) with upgraded RAM (I'm in Ottawa). I ordered it 1 or two days after they were announced and it was in my house last Monday, so that was faster than the original estimated shipping date.

The bad news, I am just waiting for the Fedex stickers to send it back. The screen has no dead pixels, which is good. The problem is there is something in the trackpad that feels like a couple of grains of sand. You barely see them but it is very uncortable to the touch, especially because it is right in the midle of the pad, the area most frequently used.

Anyhow, Since I have bought a bunch of things from them recently (including my nice MBP C2D), they agreed to replace it and told me I will have the new one shipped with 2 days delivery, so the new one should be with me 2 weeks after I send this one back.

Sounds silly to send it back for such thing but I noticed a couple of scratches also around the keyboard and that made me wonder since it looked like it was used. Anyhow, since it is my wife's Christmas present, I wanted it to look and 'feel' new. Only thing now is hope it is back before Christmas.

Max Payne

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
I also posted this else where.

How do I track my MacBook.

This is what I got from Apple:
Carrier Tracking Number: 80XXXXXX
Assigned Carrier: WALSH WESTERN UKDC

When I tried using Walsh Western or FLEXTRONICS LOGISTICS UK, they asked me for a Tracking Reference and a Customer Reference. Where can I find these?

OdduWon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
CaliVerse
can anyone tell me if a new 2.33 MBP is faster than a dual 2.7 g5 with 2 gig of ram and a gforce 6800 gt, or will i have to wait till santa rosa :confused:

emotion

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
Ordered my black macbook (totally stock for easy of swapping with Apple in case of trouble and to allow quick delivery). They tell me it'll be here for the 4th of December. Can't wait. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.