Core Data app opens saved files... But they're blank!

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Littleodie914, Jul 13, 2007.

1. macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Hey guys, I was tinkering around with iProcrastinate, an app I've been writing, and all of a sudden my latest builds will save files just fine, but when I open them again, the document is completely blank! :eek:

I know this isn't much to go on, but I can't think of anything that I've changed that would cause this. It's a document-based Core Data app. Any ideas towards a stupid mistake I made? Thanks! :(

2. Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Is Console giving you any logged info?

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Nope, not a single bit, everything seems to be running okay. :(

I just saved a file in XML this time instead of Binary, and on opening it with a text editor, all the information was there. So the problem seems to be in opening the documents, rather than saving them. I'm still stumped though. :confused:

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Dang, I still can't find anything at all! Don't mean to bump my own thread, but has anyone run into this before? I'd appreciate any advice! :)

5. macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

There is an attribute you have to set up on the controllers... I think it is something like auto-load or auto generate content. Something like that. Set that.

6. thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Edited for excitement. That worked, thanks so much. It was only the main controller that was unchecked too, all the smaller ones were still set. :rolleyes:

7. Moderator emeritus

kainjow

And that is one reason why I'm not a fan of Core Data and bindings... very hard to debug.