Core Duo mini and Windows gaming benchmarks

Discussion in 'Games' started by mrgreen4242, Aug 29, 2006.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I KNOW I've seen this linked somewhere, but I can't find it now... I'm looking for some benchmarks of the Core Duo mini running games in Windows. In particular I'd like to see it compared to games that are also available for OSX (so WoW, Doom 3, etc) and also Guild Wars.

Thanks for anyone who can point me towards some info... again, I know someone has posted this info, or links to it, but my searching fails me today. :(

2. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

I'm gonna bump this, cuz I'm looking for the same information.

3. Jomoma macrumors regular

Jomoma

I'm waiting to see this too, hope someone knows where it is...

4. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

I haven't found the Mac Mini benchmarks, but I recently bought a Pentium D motherboard with built in intel 950 graphics. I can tell you, 950 graphics suck hard. Unreal 2004 was slower than on my Powerbook with an ati 9700. That's a 3 or so year old chipset! geeez

5. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Any built-in graphics chips mounted on the motherboard will suck compared to a PCI-e aftermarket nVidia or ATI card. That's why I'd like to see a graphics card slot added to the Mac Mini. Wishfull thinking, I'm sure.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

A lot of folks would love to see apple can that GMA950 and use a "real" GPU in its Mini. Playing a demo of Redline showed me just how stinko GMA950 is vs the old 1/1/2 yr old Mini with ati's 9200 in it. Reflections? you couldnt even call them that with the gma950. Colors were lackluster, etc. Its just a poor,poor graphics chip thats cheap and not much else. The Mini's CoreDuo CPU's are fantastic I give them a 10, the GPU gets 1 or 2 if i have had a few beers. Talk about crippling.

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Remember, the GMA 950 lacks hardware transform and lighting, so playing any game that uses T&L will result in a massive performance drop.

Playing older games the GMA will probably really good actually. But newer games...not so much.