Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r00li

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
I am starting with some graphic applications and I have a few questions. I have some experience with iphone programming but not with mac so I have so trouble with some things.

Firs is how to create a view to actualy display something. I was looking at some source code that works and I tryed doing the same thing in interface builder but I can't get my view to show up. I allways get "app terminated with signal 5" from te debugger. And I can't figure that out.

The second one is when you have a view and after some action you want to load another view. I do that like this:
Code:
pogled_main *pogled = [[pogled_main alloc] initWithFrame:[self bounds]];
[super addSubview:pogled];
[pogled release];
What I don' know is how to release the current view. Or I can just let the garbage collector do its work?

The third one is how to load vector images into a NSRect? Can NSImage be used for this? because I need to resize the image based on the screen resolution and I think that the best way to do that is by using vector graphics - If I can do that which formats are supported?

And the last one - where to get some tutorials for core graphics? I found this:
http://www.cocoadevcentral.com/d/intro_to_quartz_two/. Anything else/better?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.