Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
How will Core Image in Tiger work without a supported video card? Will the processes go through the CPU instead? Will I see a performance delay? Will I have less frames per second? Will some Core Image effects just not work at all?

I have heard a lot of mixed responses when it comes to answering these questions. I want some hard facts. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
GodBless said:
How will Core Image in Tiger work without a supported video card? Will the processes go through the CPU instead? Will I see a performance delay? Will I have less frames per second? Will some Core Image effects just not work at all?

I have heard a lot of mixed responses when it comes to answering these questions. I want some hard facts. Thanks in advance for your responses.

The problem is as longs as Tiger is not officially launched, you won't get anymore information than you can already find on Apple's Tiger pages. Those who could answer your questions are not allowed to because they're under an NDA.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Zaty said:
The problem is as longs as Tiger is not officially launched, you won't get anymore information than you can already find on Apple's Tiger pages. Those who could answer your questions are not allowed to because they're under an NDA.

Then why have people responded regarding this issue in other threads? :confused:

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
GodBless said:
Then why have people responded regarding this issue in other threads? :confused:
Because there's a variety of publicly available information on the subject if you go to the Apple website - especially on the developer pages. The list of supported cards was removed from the Apple site a while back - maybe because some of the current machines have 'unsupported' cards ;)

As you've already seen the previous threads there's not much to add as you've already seen what people know and are prepared to divulge so there isn't much point asking again. But it seems if the GPU can't do it then it either goes through the CPU or isn't done at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.