CoreDuoTemp Not Displaying Correct Temperature

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SVG, Aug 12, 2006.

1. SVG macrumors newbie

Hi, all, I have downloaded CoreDuoTemp 0.91 on my 2nd MacBook, and while it feels fairly warm, the temperatures displayed seem unrealistic and oscillates between 2 numbers. I have read that this is due to switching of temperature readings between the 2 cores. CoreDuoTemp works fine on my previous MacBook, so I am puzzled whether this is a software or a hardware issue?

Previous 1 was week 22 and the latest 1 is week 31 if it makes a difference. Thanks.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

4. Peruvian macrumors regular

Peruvian

5. SVG thread starter macrumors newbie

Both are white 2.0 Ghz MacBooks... The week 22 was a lemon, thus the week 31 is a system exchange.

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

Thanks.

I saw "MacBook" in the post, but have only seen this issue happen on MacBook Pros, so I thought I'd ask. FWIW, I have the "show signatures" forum option turned off (along w/ the user avatar) so when I'm on the forums here while at work, it doesn't look as obvious. :)

7. danny_w macrumors 601

I saw a similar post on the Apple forums and someone there was guessing that perhaps there was a change at week 31 in the way that the temperatures are measured or monitored. If true, this could indicate that Apple has finally made a change to the Macbook temperature circuitry that may be a fix for the "random shutdown" problem that so many have reported. I have seen reports on this problem up through week 30, but so far no week 31 Macbooks appear to have the problem.