coreduotemp widget?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by westwood, May 27, 2006.

1. westwood macrumors newbie

My back MB i got on friday is running around 60 when idling and general browsing on the web, but can get up to the high 70s when i push the CPU a little. I havent pushed it for any extended period of time yet. I think that this around about normal. Also, no mooing or any noises for that matter coming out of it.

Sorry if this questions stupid, but this is my first Mac...is there anyway to make coreduotemp a widget?

2. ibooksux macrumors newbie

According to this article, a program called Dashcode comes bundled with developer tools that cme with your MB. If so, with a little tinkering, you may be able to get something to work.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=14768

Apple ships widget-creation tool
    By Macworld staff

An easy way to create Dashboard widgets has reportedly begun shipping with new MacBooks.

ThinkSecret claims the new application, Dashcode, is available within the version of Developer Tools that ships with Apple's new Intel-powered consumer notebooks.

Its users can build custom Dashboard widgets, with the software automatically creating the bulk of the JavaScript code, the report claims.

Dashcode handles all aspects of widget management, from the front and back of a widget to its default image, icon, and more. An Inspector tool lets widget-builders set button shapes, sizes, and styles, backgrounds, colours, and so on. Debugging and search tools also feature in the application, the report claims.

While no mention of the new software is made on Apple's website, the widget-focused Dashboard Widgets website offers an in-depth look at some of the claims made of the software.

The application is reportedly to be found in a users Developer>Applicatons after installing Developer Tools from the CD that ships with the MacBook.

A selection of images that claim to depict the application have also emerged.

3. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

BTW, your temps are similar to mine and others on this forum, so your MB sounds normal.

As to the widget, it would be a nice idea. In the preferences of CoreduoTemp you can set the temp to display in the menu bar. I set mine to that, and then hide the application, which works well.
    Actually, i want a version of CoreduoTemp that does not require a kernel extension.

4. ibooksux macrumors newbie

A much easier solution... good to know...

btw.. how is the hitachi drive running? I ordered one and am wondering if it is loud (as the reviews said)... Runs well?

5. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

Not any louder. Occasionally if everything is quiet you can hear the heads, but it is very, very, very faint.

6. ibooksux macrumors newbie

thanks... am anxiously waiting for mine to arrive...

7. westwood thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm

mine doesnt have an option of displaying in the temp in the menu bar.

as for dashcode, maybe i'll try that later tonight...or if anyone has any other suggestion for a similar widget that shows the temp, it would be appreciated.

8. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

Version 0.8 has it. Click on CoreduoTemp>Preferences >Check box that says "in menu bar"