Corel Painter and Wacom tablet deal good?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kwajaln, Jan 27, 2005.

1. kwajaln macrumors 6502

kwajaln

I was looking on Corel's website and found a special they are running now for Painter IX bundled with Wacom Intuos 3 tablets for what I thought were good prices:

Painter IX with 6x8 tablet = $649
    Painter IX with 9x12 tablet = $699

Does anyone here who is familiar with these products think these are good prices?? Thanks!

P.S. I am going to be buying Painter IX and a Wacom, so I am seriously interested in your input!

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi, if you or anyone you know is a student then try this site to get a student discount. I'm looking to get this same thing since I feel my 4x5 tablet is too small for what I do. http://www.academicsuperstore.com/
    A 9x12 tablet is $375, then it has painter (not the newest one). Now if you do this ask if you then can get the upgrade price for painter IX ($199 last I looked). If so it will still be cheaper that way than going through Corels site, unless they can give you the same discount.
    Hope this helps and have fun with it. :D
    Okay I did a second look at this and as stated above "if" your a student you can get Painter for $88 from the above link and this is most likely an upgrade price. If not then what a deal :D

3. kwajaln thread starter macrumors 6502

kwajaln

Thanks for the tip, Artful Dodger! I actually will qualify for education discounts on both Apple and EduSupStore, which I am really happy about! They have a great deal on a Painter IX/Wacom Intuos3 6x8 tablet bundle I'm going to get. I can't wait.

4. snkTab macrumors 6502a

snkTab

5. kugino macrumors 65816

kugino

yeah, the student price for painter ix is amazing...maybe the best piece of software i own (along with omnigraffle). the tablet, IMO, is a necessary piece of hardware for painter...enjoy!

6. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    thats a sweet deal for the tablet painters killer tho :(