Corel Painter Essentials 2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by YS2003, Jul 17, 2005.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Intuos tablet I bought came with Corel Painter Essentials 2. I already have Adobe CS2 Standard (which includes Photoshop, Illustrator, and all) and Macromedia MX2004 with Flash Pro. Is it worth installing this Corel program on my Mac? I don't want to install unnecessary application on my computer. What do you think?

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

That's what I used until I got Painter IX but you may not like it if you use the other stuff for most of everything. This is what you could do with some of it-http://lundentoons.com/ Enjoy :)

3. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

Thanks for telling me about Corel Painter IX. I did google search on this and I found many reviews are saying highly of this product. It seems Corel Painter is like a digital canvas for drawing and it will also work well along side Photoshop. I have Wacom pen tablet and I am now getting itchy to buy this at VioSoftware.com at about $280.

4. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Painter IX is completely different from Adobe CS.

The Adobe suite is basically a graphic design application bundle. In essence it is dedicated to image manipulation and publication.

Painter IX is a painting application. It's a digital set of paints, brushes, canvas etc. One would use it exactly in the way a traditional artist would use a set of paints, chalks, pencils, inks, etc onto various papers and canvases. Whilst Painter IX can be used to simply manipulate digital images it's prowess is in it's ability to paint and draw completely freehand. For that reason Painter IX is best suited to artists not graphic designers.