Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
I found this little Preference Pane today, CornerClick.

I did a search here and it's been mentioned at least five times (5 different threads) but in other areas of these forums. The most current thread is from 2010. Anyway, I thought I'd bring it up again here for anyone not aware of it.

I like Exposé in theory. But in practice it's always getting in the way when I least want it to. Overshoot a corner and all of a sudden it's taken over.

CornerClick gives you the same functionality, but only if you choose. You can set to either click the corner, use modifiers with a click, or something else. You can also specify as many actions for each hot corner as you want, all with different triggers. Unlike Exposé you can activate apps and scripts, hide applications, etc.

So, there it is if you want to take a look at it.

Apologies in advance if this has perhaps been covered already.

Oh yeah, it works in 10.6 too.

Last edited:

Starfighter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Sweden
I never cared for Exposé mostly because it seemed to be just what you said, almost a bit intrusive... I think I might give this a shot! Thanks for sharing!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
I never cared for Exposé mostly because it seemed to be just what you said, almost a bit intrusive... I think I might give this a shot! Thanks for sharing!
I strongly dislike Exposé because it activates when my mouse pointer is in a corner. It makes no discernment as to what I might be doing. I work with a lot of windows and documents at work and so I am constantly dragging window corners and a lot of times that ends up placing me in a hot corner. Exposé activates and then things flip out. Combine that with Spaces and it's just irritating.

So, I just turn it off. But this PrefPane actually adds some functionality I can use and allows me to determine when it activates. Hopefully you and anyone else who trys it will find it useful.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
I've always used it with F9 and I love it. Most apps I use end up taking up the whole screen, so it's great to have it in 10.3.9.

Michael Anthony

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012
Australia
I practically wet myself when I first used Expose with Panther, it was just *that* useful for me. Love it. Only use it with F9, F10, F11 though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.