Coroner: 9 drugs found in Rick James' system

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wdlove, Sep 17, 2004.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

2. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

R.I.P Rick James.

Just goes to show you how distructive drugs are.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Hey, he died the way he lived, feeling good, except for the heart attack, of course. If every day was a party to him, he lived a good life. :)

The rest of us should be so lucky.

4. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

His death will be of a benefit, if just one person sees the destructiveness of drugs and quit. He died in his sleep and so it was painless. My prayers go out to his family and friends. May he rest in peace. I doubt that his life was all that great there are side effect to drugs and he may have been in discomfort and pain.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

*shocked gasp*

no, wait, i can do that better.

*shocked gasp and chest-clutching*

rick james...

on DRUGS?!?!

huh. you never would have guessed.

paul

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You know as well as I do that prescription meds are as much a problem as are illegal drugs. Doctors prescribe far too quickly. People popped vallium in the 1960s and 1970s as if it was aspirin. Oxycontin is worse and seems to be all the rage today.

I don't endorse drug use of any kind, prescriptions included, but Rick James wasn't going to stop. It was part of his life. I seriously doubt, knowing his life, that his death is going to change anyone's opinion about drugs of any kind. It's just like alcohol, something that's beneficial in small quantities, is horrendously bad on the liver in larger quantities. Do many people stop because of that?

7. neut macrumors 68000

neut

... shouldn't that be, "Just goes to show you how self-distructive man is" ?

how many people died from drugs/guns/material anything today? how many people died from greed/jealousy/human emotions today?

which is going to kill you?

nothing is an accident.

peace.