Corpse using a Mac!

Discussion in 'Community' started by yoman, Feb 3, 2004.

1. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

2. yoman thread starter macrumors 6502a

yoman

i was wondering....

how many of you actually approve of exhibiting corpses to the public?

Would any of you be willing to take your children to see them if they were in town?

3. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

I'd definitely go AND I'd take my daughter. Lots of cool stuff to talk about here if it doesn't disturb you physically or philosophically. We have the Mutter Museum here in Philly and it's packed with medical curiosities, including an 8 ft. colon!

This looks to me like the next G5 commercial. It doesn't just blow you out of the house, it rips your skin off!

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    nice pic. although id clean the mac before id use it hehe

5. geephore macrumors newbie

Wow. That's hilarious!

It's good to see that there are some people who are smart enough to appreciate the humor inherent in the spectacle of a person who is no longer alive.

I would go to a corpse show. It would be humanizing to see dead people. Then people might be able to get over the whole fear of dying thing, you know, "DEATH?!? BAD!!!". It's just a step, folks, and making it humorous is the best way to get society to accept it.

Genius.:D

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

not only is it missing skin, but it appears that the left side of his face has been, at least partially, peeled to the side.

as for public exhibitions, as long as the deceased didn't object, i think it's great. America has an unhealthy view of death and the post-mortem process, and it seems to be getting worse-- people would do well to be more in touch with their own feelings on death, so that they can accept death better and move on. we've sanitized the process so much that it's absurd. preserve the body, keep up appearances, lock it in a vault... blah. when i'm done, burn me and be done with it.

edit: geephor, beat me to it.

paul

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

That's not as gross as I was expecting, but still kinda gross.

8. yoman thread starter macrumors 6502a

yoman

i agree

the idea of death is a little too taboo in the american culture, I can't say if it is that way anywhere else in the world but it definitely is her in the U.S.

9. yoman thread starter macrumors 6502a

yoman

10. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

Not allowed:

]Also not allowed:
    Filming and mobile phones within the exhibition.
    Please be advised that dogs with a weight of more than 3 kilogramms are not allowed within the exhibition. Even small dogs must be carried. Thanks for your understanding!

whats up with the no dog rule?

11. yoman thread starter macrumors 6502a

yoman

maybe they have had dogs try to eat the exhibits. :)

12. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Amazing. I'd love to check this out. Thanks for the heads up.

Dan

13. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I find that to be very interesting yoman. I would love to have a computer program that would allow that kind of a detail view of the human body. I happen to be in the medical profession, a nurse. That photo reminds me of my days in nursing school, worked as a morgue attendant. I really enjoyed assisting the physicians doing autopsies, very educational.

15. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

"iDeath--Macintosh makes death more livable."

That is somewhat bizarre.

Was he waiting on Photoshop to finish running a filter on a large image?

16. yoman thread starter macrumors 6502a

yoman

or...

He enjoyed the mac so much that he just stayed there his WHOLE life. However even though this faithful mac user has passed away, his Mac lives on....as testament to the durability of Apple's Computers. :)

17. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

the whole thing started out as a pretty good anatomy exebition a couple of years ago over here in Germany...

but recently it has degenerated into a "hey-look-at-this"-freakshow

Gunter Von Hagen, the founder of the exebition, now is in the focus of criticism for having used the corpses of chinese criminals who had been executed and whose organs had in part been taken out and presumably sold on the organ market... (by a totalitarian state!!!)

Hagen is also not allowed to call himself "professor" anymore (which is a law-protected title in Germany, you are NOT automatically a professor when you are a university teacher over here.) he got that from a school somewhere in the far east...

I guess his greed for media attention and money went a little out of hand lately

but don't get me wrong, I really liked how the whole thing started out, but I dislike what it has turned into

vSpacken

18. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock