corrupt download from itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by QCassidy352, Apr 1, 2006.

1. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

apologies if this has been discussed, but I couldn't find any discussion of it.

I downloaded a tv episode from itunes, and there's something wrong with the file. It always quits in the same place, whether played in itunes or quicktime. Do I have any recourse here? I mean, it's only 1.99, and I can skip past the point where it quits, but the bottom line is the file is corrupt and I can't see the entire episode... can I either get my money back or re-download an uncorrupted file?

edit: i found a support form, so I guess I can just ask apple this question... but has it happened to anyone else?

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Fill in the iTunes support form and they'll let you redownload it. If there's a problem with the actual file, they'll refund you and tell you to try again in a few days/weeks

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

This happened to me with a song before, and Apple responded in the way AS describes (they credited me when the re-downloaded song continued to show errors...).

4. Erin753 macrumors newbie

Why didn't I get a refund then?

I had the same problem, only the episode I downloaded crashed iTunes. So I purchased it again and emailed iTunes support. After weeks of back and forth, this lady named Grace told me they don't give refunds.

5. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I had a problem where I got an error in downloading an album and one of the songs never came through yet it said that I already downloaded it.

So I contacted apple via the web form and 3 days later she gave me a link that downloaded the missing song for me instantly.

6. emaja macrumors 68000

They do not give refunds, but they will credit your account for the download, in effect giving you a "refund."