Corsa to Clio [Pictures]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Shaun.P, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

Hey guys,

Some of you have followed my Car Woes thread and my Getting a New Car! thread and this is just a follow up. In a nut shell, I passed my driving test, bought a Corsa which had a lot of problems with it and later decided I wanted rid of the Corsa and got a Clio.

I put down a £1500 deposit on the Clio which I expect to get from the sale of the Corsa. After this it works out that I am paying £109.00 for three years. The interest is working out at £600 (6%) or roundabout that figure. My first and last payments are like £240 or something though.

The Clio has had one owner, is a 53 plate but was first registered in Jan 2004, so it is a really new 53 plate :p. It is still under Renault Warranty until Jan 2007 and after that it has a 1 year warranty until Jan 2008.

The Corsa: 1.0 L, 12 V, 6 years old, 60,200 miles.

The Clio: 1.2L, 2.5 years old, 19,600 miles.

---

Since I was out taking pictures (with my phone camera - sorry about poor quality) I snapped some pictures of my Dad's car. A Mercedes Avantgard E something. It is an R registration. Here.

---

Overall I am really happy with the Clio. It is a great car to drive! Please tell me your thoughts and opinions! This thread took me ages to make! (taking pictures, uploading to flicker, editing in iPhoto, etc etc!!!).

Shaun.

2. iGav macrumors G3

I didn't realise that you had the old-old shape Corsa... :eek: I though you had an old-new shape one.... no wonder you've had problems. :p

I really hope that this motor works out for you though fella, you deserve it after all the sh*t that went wrong with the Corsa the day after you bought it. :(

I think you should scrap that 'Park's' sticker from the back window though. ;)

So how's it running??? all's dandy I hope... I notice that your dashboard has one of those information screens too, very posh.

Remember though... no boy racer sh*t O.K. ;)

3. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

You know it, Very nice car fearfactor, much better than the old Corsa.....That clio model is very nice I have driven one and they are a nice fun little car, hopefully you won't have any problems with it!!!

ShadoW

4. Shaun.P thread starter macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

Hey thanks for all your input.

Yes iGav, there are 2 different Corsa models in the year 2000, mines is the older one.

It is fun to drive the Clio. You can control your music from the steering wheel which is great because in my Corsa with the cassette adapter I have been too busy playing with my iPod and not looking where I'm going!

I love the car, I'm trying to find excuses to drive everywhere.

:D

5. MalcolmJID macrumors 6502a

Congrats on the Clio! :D

Just read through your previous threads. Total bummer mate! I got my current Fiesta for £100 (H Reg, Mk.3) and apart from a £350 MOT I haven't had to spend anything on it :D Runs perfect for a car so old. The engine is seriously naff (it's supposed to have around 57hp at the flywheel, but it wouldn't suprise me if i only had 35/40hp at the flywheel). Taken me to Blackpool and back up the motorway (its only got four gears, so the engine screams above 45mph) and it was fine. There's some dodgy cars around, and some bargains. Looks like we both got the opposite end of the "bargain used car" scale.:rolleyes:

6. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

A little bit of... va va voom.. :p

I like the Clio.

7. iGav macrumors G3

So... you've been driving it for few days now, normally asking the following question would be out of the question for such a new car, but after your Corsa experience... ;) how's the Clio running???

8. Shaun.P thread starter macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

Oh it is running perfectly!

My Corsa would get around 10 miles to the £1. i.e. if the thing (the thing that counts the miles) said 200 miles, I know it would need £20.

Since Friday I have done 204 miles, I went to Tesco to fuel up. It would clicking after a few pounds, the fuel spout goes into the car a weird way, I don't think I had it in right. I put it in again and filled it up until it clicked properly, at £17.17.

That doesn't mean I got 204 miles for £17.17, as I drove the car home from the dealership and then fueled up. The dealership to the petrol station was around 15, so I am getting around 188-190 miles for £17, which works out at 11 miles to the pound. I'm going to be doing some more exact measure ments, but so far the car is more efficient on fuel than the Corsa, even though it has a bigger engine. The car is great to drive, it's so smooth, and smells nice inside :).

I love it. I don't regret getting the car what-so-ever. Lots of people were saying to me, "You have a car that works fine, it gets you from A to B, getting a new car is going to be a waste of money", but I don't regret it. I enjoy driving, I get a billion times better driving experience from the Clio than the Corsa. I have a sense of pride over it, unlike my Corsa (which I wouldn't care if got scratched or dented!). I am only like that with objects in my life which I truly love, like my iBook, my soundstick speakers, my phone, my watch etc.

The registration ends in GEY and I'm gay lol. Everyone who knows I'm gay finds it funny.

9. iGav macrumors G3

Some cars are like that... I know my brothers Rover 400 has a really weird one, it's like it's too small for the nozzle, and to fill it up you literally have to invert the nozzle, it caught me out the first time and I ended up being soaked in petrol.

I've been having similar problems with the BMW 535d M I'm leasing at the moment too... :rolleyes: :( so you're in good company. ;) :p

I noticed... teehee. :p

10. MalcolmJID macrumors 6502a

I got myself a new car! Getting around 42mpg, and yes its a petrol. It's really fast (has a Ford Zetec-S engine), and that 42mpg even factors in a few "look how fast my car accelerates" moments :D.

Can you guess which car I have?:D

11. iGav macrumors G3

Caterham.

12. MalcolmJID macrumors 6502a

I wish :(

13. iGav macrumors G3

I wasn't sure whether it was a trick question or not as you mentioned the a Ford Zetec engine in the post, in which case I'm going to say a f**king Ford Fiesta. ;) :p

What do I win??? :D

14. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

dood I want a Clio. I got to drive in one while I was in Spain and they rock with their gas mileage. Wonder why the U.S. wont allow such a great vehicle into our country.

How are Seats BTW? Are they good cars as well?

15. iGav macrumors G3

SEAT's are VW's in disguise. ;)

16. MalcolmJID macrumors 6502a

Yea it's a Fiesta :p

You seem to not like them?

Mines a beast. Although I just discovered a leaky sunroof on my way home from my girlfriends (she also threw up out of my window while I was driving :), though luckily none got on my car).

Meh, I'll seal it up :)

17. iGav macrumors G3

The way you said it... it was either going to be something so fast... (like a Caterham) or a Fiesta... one of the two, and nothing else. ;)

Not at all... I'm a big fan of Ford actually, they're one of the few car makers that actually give two hoots about how their cars drive.