Cosmetic stuff

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Brother Michael, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

Hey I have some cosmetic questions for you.

What can I use to shine up my iBook? It has some minor scuffs on the lid and I just want it to shine like new.

Also what can I use to remove dust from the screen? I have never had an LCD monitor or a notebook, so i am used to just spraying some Pledge on the monitor and wiping off.

Mike

2. wide macrumors 6502a

www.iPodCleaner.com has some stuff for cleaning iPods and iBooks.

As for cleaning the LCD screen, I usually take a damp paper tower and move it across my screen (gently).

3. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

I hear that these work well for getting off marks. I would recomend against the Pledge!! To clean my screen I just use a soft grey little cloth that came with my imac to get off the dust and a damp paper towel to get off other marks.

4. Brother Michael thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

Thanks guys! Course I should've just looked at the Ad bar at the bottom of the screen after posting, it had the ipod/iBook cleaner stuff right there first.

Mike

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    dont use any abbrasivve cleaning products they will ruin ur lcd and may leave residue, just a damp eyeglass lense cloth should do the trick;)

6. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

7. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy