Cost of Mac Pro rose yesterday....

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by geefourfivesix, Feb 20, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

...and I didn't do too well out of it.

I ordered a Mac Pro last weekend via the Higher Education Apple store. The base unit price (ex VAT) was £1,344.00. I forgot to add the free printer to my order so I had to cancel and re-order today. The base cost today was £1,407.00. Having spoken to Apple they tell me that this happens from time to time and there's nothing they can do about it!

How often does this kind of thing happen? I wish I had never bothered, I've actually lost more money than I would have saved trying to get my crap free printer!

2. macrumors 65816

teleromeo

The price in the Belgian store is still 2499 euro so my guess is a changed exchange rate between the pound sterling and the euro.

3. macrumors 68000

Or maybe they changed the EDU store. Still can't complain since you're saving money though ;)

4. macrumors 68000

student_trap

am i being totally stupid? I cant see any difference to when i ordered 12 days ago:confused: its £1250 before vat

Attached Files:

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

No you're not. Sorry, I forgot to mention my prices also include the GeForce 8800 graphics card. Without this I seem to get the same base price. I presume its the card which has pushed the price up? But its by a lot...?