1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Cost of Mac Pro rose yesterday....

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by geefourfivesix, Feb 20, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

...and I didn't do too well out of it.

I ordered a Mac Pro last weekend via the Higher Education Apple store. The base unit price (ex VAT) was £1,344.00. I forgot to add the free printer to my order so I had to cancel and re-order today. The base cost today was £1,407.00. Having spoken to Apple they tell me that this happens from time to time and there's nothing they can do about it!

How often does this kind of thing happen? I wish I had never bothered, I've actually lost more money than I would have saved trying to get my crap free printer!

2. macrumors 65816

teleromeo

The price in the Belgian store is still 2499 euro so my guess is a changed exchange rate between the pound sterling and the euro.

3. macrumors 68000

Or maybe they changed the EDU store. Still can't complain since you're saving money though ;)

4. macrumors 68000

student_trap

am i being totally stupid? I cant see any difference to when i ordered 12 days ago:confused: its £1250 before vat

Attached Files:

5. macrumors newbie

No you're not. Sorry, I forgot to mention my prices also include the GeForce 8800 graphics card. Without this I seem to get the same base price. I presume its the card which has pushed the price up? But its by a lot...?