Costco to sell ipods

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ichef, Sep 17, 2004.

1. ichef macrumors newbie

Sep 17, 2004
    I work at costco and we just recived the displays to sell them in the stores. And we are also going to sell the minis and the regular ipods. There is one big benefit about buying at costco is there generous return policy, 100% satisfaction guarantee which means at any time you are not satisfied with the product you can return it for a complete refund. So buy far costco will be the best place to buy one, we are going to sell a ton of these. People come in and ask for them all the time.
    :cool: :cool:
  2. Doga macrumors regular

Dec 15, 2003
    Near Montréal, Canada
  3. djkny macrumors 6502

Sep 30, 2003
    When?? HOw much is membership, now, anyway? I remember a time where the only CostCo members were retailers and that you had to prove you were one. Now, you can be a Mac horder, order 60 iPods, and grab a hot dog on the way out ...
  4. krimson macrumors 65816

Oct 29, 2003
    Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    Sweet, and i'll get cash back! :)

BTW, are they gonna be regular price?
  5. strider42 macrumors 65816

Feb 1, 2002
    I think I heard a commercial for that today on the radio. But it was for the HP iPods. Maybe the ad I heard was for a different store if that's not what you're getting. Pricing on the radio was the same as everywhere else.
  6. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2004
    New Haven, CT

Are the iPods going for the regular price or discount price if you buy a dozen?
    And are they the HP iPods? Or is there as special Costco version iPod (120 GB minimum)!

Just joking. But Actually it's not a bad idea to buy them in a box of 50 if possible (go Doga!) for a discount price. They make great gifts for Christmas, Birthdays...!

I think it's great that Costco will have them soon!
  7. zelmo macrumors 603

Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    Pre-orders for a 10.01.04 release date, and only the Mini (Silver, Pink, Blue) is listed so far, so it's not the HP branded iPod. Makes me wonder if Apple is going to release a 6GB Mini soon?
  8. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
    50 is a bit much for a huge amount of iPods, but a "multi-pack" of 3 or 5 sounds good.