Costume party without a costume to wear!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rendezvouscp, Feb 16, 2006.

1. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

I'm horrible at this sort of thing, really. I've got a costume party to go to in a few days (on Sunday afternoon), and I have no clue what to show up as. I'm up for just about anything, except for dressing as a woman.* If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them; and of course, I'll post pictures afterwards! ;)
    -Chasen

*Only because I've done this before on Halloween.

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

One time, I went as "tech support"

....I dressed normally and just showed up.

Wrap yourself in brown velvet, and then a layer of burlap, and come as a giant potato in a burlap sack.

Spray yourself gold from head to toe, and go as the oscar statue
    (or just gold, naked dude. that works, too.)

the possibilities are endless!

3. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

i always find the pi-rat outfit to rock, especially if you have nerdy friends (like me).

To make said outfit you need: a t-shirt (preferably white) and a black marker

Take said shirt, write out Pi to however many decimal places you feel like (the more the nerdier) and then draw a picture of a rat underneath it.

Congratulations, you are now a Pi-rat.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

wear all black. use white medical tape and place dashes vertically down the middle of your abdomen. pin stuffed animals near your ribs.

you are a road.

5. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

dress in scantily clad (womens) and go as a "Freudian slip" :D

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

7. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

8. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Not sure if this will appeal to you, but just to recall the story makes me laugh...

Quite a few years ago in College, my flatmates and I went to a Halloween Costume Party. One of our friends stayed behind, as he couldn't think of a costume, but promised to show up later with a costume.

A little while later, he showed up at the party as "Chocolate Syrup Boy". He had stripped down to his boxers and covered himself from head-to-toe in Hersheys syrup. He was milling around our flat and found the syrup in our fridge.

Quite a few people got a kick out of it - we were laughing hysterically. One note of caution, however...the hosts of the party were not that pleased as he marred everything he touched with chocolately goodness.

Also, depending on your current hairstyle - you could try this:

At another Halloween party (many years later) a friend who had longish (6+inches) of straight hair, proceeded to shave the top of his head to the skin, cut the sides short, and leave a narrow strip of hair original length at the junction of the two. He was comb-over man. He would purposely get animated in discussion and his comb-over would flap all over the place. Bloody hilarious.

Finally, considering the trend around MR, you could always go as a pirate. ARRG.

9. aquajet macrumors 68020

Arrive at the party wearing a sock and a bass guitar.

You are flea.

10. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

You know, I was in this very same situation once, and had nothing to wear to the party.

But, I did have a long "trench-like" coat. Throw that on with nothing undear neath, and voila! You're a 'flasher.'

People loved it, and it totally worked as a costume.:D

11. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

that's what my husband would say. (he's a bass player) we have some rather, errrr, interesting pictures of little ole me with the pedula i bought him ;)

12. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

Just squint your eyes and look like you smell something awful.

Ta-dah. Your Gilbert Gottfried!

13. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

14. rendezvouscp thread starter macrumors 68000

That's not a half bad idea... ;)

My friends aren't half as nerdy as I am, but they'd get a kick out of that (although they have yet to notice that my license plate is pi).

Already have done that for Halloween...

Hehe, this reminds me of last August. I was really, really, really curious about what Shakira was belly dancing in during her "La Tortura" music video, so I covered my arm with some liquids including chocolate syrup.

It was really good afterwards. ;)

I have hair that's a bit above my eyebrows, and could do that, but I value my hair too much. After a few years of swimming and shaving it down in May, my hair length matters a lot more to me.

I'm really enjoying the ideas and the stories! Although I'm not taking all of the suggestions so seriously (although one might think I would; that picture of me is from about two years ago), I'm open for more. :)
    -Chasen

15. aquajet macrumors 68020

Pedulla, eh? You must really love your husband. ;)

16. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

yup. it was that or a Warwick fretless but the Pedulla thunderbass (5 string) seemed the better choice, so there it was. :) beautiful bass.

17. rendezvouscp thread starter macrumors 68000

Well, it was a pretty good night. I went as the MC of Cabaret (a Google search for those inclined to learn more). I wish I had a full body picture, and I wasn't in such a ridiculous pose, but that picture will have to do.

I have to say though, someone came with the easiest, but definitely the best, costume—she had the numbers 1—10 on her body, in sequential order. What was she? In white: Someone you could count on.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!
    -Chasen