Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CherryJello

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2009
Now that Apple will be selling magazine and newspaper subscriptions alongside movies and television, changing the name to the Apple Store Online or something like that makes sense.

Or maybe, and follow me with this, Apple creates a dedicated application, the iStore, beautiful and light-weight, that could manage your magazine and newspaper subscriptions along with movies, music and television. Purchasing would also be done through this store. I'm thinking of something like Bodega.
(http://www.appbodega.com/)
this could also finally be the iTunes Store for Mac applications some people have wanted.

Who knows, pure speculation, but it couldn't be pretty cool.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
They won't change it. Trademarks don't have to reflect what is being sold - in fact, they are more protectable as a matter of law if they don't.

Amazon.com isn't a piranha store :)

yayitsezekiel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Irvine, CA
Now that Apple will be selling magazine and newspaper subscriptions alongside movies and television, changing the name to the Apple Store Online or something like that makes sense.

Or maybe, and follow me with this, Apple creates a dedicated application, the iStore, beautiful and light-weight, that could manage your magazine and newspaper subscriptions along with movies, music and television. Purchasing would also be done through this store. I'm thinking of something like Bodega.
(http://www.appbodega.com/)
this could also finally be the iTunes Store for Mac applications some people have wanted.

Who knows, pure speculation, but it couldn't be pretty cool.

that is a cool idea, i've been using bodega for a while and it's really nifty. Although I like having it all in one application, I don't think apple would make a separate application. but who knows, its all up to tomorrow :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.