iPad Could I return the iPad 4 for a full refund if I didn't feel it was worth the $500

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mattfab, Dec 15, 2012.

1. macrumors member

So if I were to buy the ipad 4 at best buy, and opened it and used it a little, and then thought it probably wasn't worth the $500 to me, then would i be able to return it to best buy for a full refund? and i am not considering anything but the ipad 4

2. macrumors member

Yes why wouldn't you be able to? As long a it isn't damaged and you have proof of the purchase the return policy will allow you to. So long as you are within the return period that is...

3. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

I don't know for sure if Best Buy has a restocking fee or not. I would check their website for their return policy.

4. macrumors 6502

no they don't. you can purchase it, try it out and if you don't like it, return it. normally it's 30 days but with the holiday return policy you have a little longer I think

5. macrumors member

They did away with restocking fees some time ago.

6. thread starter macrumors member

So they don't care if its open or anything

7. macrumors member

They'll just repackage it and sell it as open box

8. thread starter macrumors member

do they sell open box for cheaper

9. macrumors 604

mcdj

yes, you can return the ipad you don't feel is worth $500 and buy it the next day as an open box for $450. good plan.

10. macrumors newbie

Real life hacker.

11. thread starter macrumors member

yea, im definitely going to do that...

12. macrumors 68020

If you really wanted an answer you'd call Best Buy and get an instant answer, not post a question here and wait for a various responses which could be right or wrong.

13. macrumors 6502a

You can return it but open box items dont appear for weeks not the next day.

14. macrumors G5

Rogifan

So you really want an iPad 4, just don't want to pay full price for it. :rolleyes:

15. macrumors 6502a

I don't get it. Why not go to the apple store a couple of times, surf up info on some apps and then make a decision. Why do people have to buy something to make a decision? I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the ipad or I wouldn't have bought it.

16. macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Go to Walmart. $399 and a $30 gift card for the same iPad.

17. JS3
    macrumors regular

Best buy return policy sucks. I would tread carefully. Youd be better off buying it from a apple store.

18. macrumors 65816

I've been able to return everything I've bought and didn't like to BestBuy without an issue.

Anything bought during holiday season has up to January 24th to be returned. I've been calling daily looking for a 32GB white mini so I can trade my black one in.

19. macrumors G3

NT1440

Nope, we put them out as soon as the Geeksquad finishes testing them, usually in just a few hours.

----------

It's completely open for abuse. No restocking fee, no forced store credit, nada.

What sucks about it?

20. macrumors G5

Rogifan

:confused: Not for the iPad 4.

21. macrumors 6502

Yeah if you want a 3rd gen ipad, OP has a 4th gen

22. macrumors 65816

JS3 doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

23. Guest

They don't go on stock for a couple weeks. Basically...your probably not going to find the same one.

24. thread starter macrumors member

Lol I was being sarcastic, I wouldnt ever do that

----------

The reason I didn't call is because I've read a lot of things about people getting different answers about things like the return policy there, and just wanted to here what other people had to say

25. macrumors member

Huh?
    I would say they have one of the best return policies out there personally. Never a question as to why other than what was wrong with it ( a reasonable question from a business perspective) but never a hassle. Plus if you are a silver rewards zone member, you actually have a 60 day return period. Either one beats Apple's 14 day return period.
    I just would like to know why you say it sucks.