Could not save call waiting setting (UK OOB 112)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by metoo6000, Dec 3, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I cannot turn on the call waiting function in the phone preference (setting->phone->call waiting).
    When I trying to turn it on, I get an error "Could not save call waiting setting".

I tried *43# and I got bunch of failing error messages.
    Anyone has same problem? How can I enable the call waiting function? :confused:

I use O2 PAYG sim.

Thx.

2. macrumors 68040

Phil A.

Does call waiting work with that sim in another phone? It could be something that's not available on PAYG

3. thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have an extra phone to check it, but will try this weekend. My girlfriend's uses simplicity sim and her iphone also can't enable call waiting function.

If it is a contract only feature then I should forget about it, but hope it is not.

By the way, thanks for the info.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

I found this from O2 website.

"Call waiting lets you take another call when you’re already on the phone. Just dial *43# [send] and you’ll be able to see if someone’s trying to get through when you’re already on a call. It’s free to all O2 customers."

http://www.o2.co.uk/business/corpor...anagingcalls/managingcallsdetails#callwaiting

So this means my iphone's setting is not correct... Since *43# [send] doesn't work I don't know how to solve it. Anyone has an idea?

5. macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48a Safari/419.3)

it works fine on my contract sim.

Both ways if I type *43# I get a list of settings that are enabled maybe it is down to a specific way that an iPhone sim works with the iPhone. Also from what I rememebr with my wifes old pay as you go phone advanced features like call waiting ans call divert etc where only available on contract

6. thread starter macrumors regular

As I mentioned in the above post, O2 site stated that 'call waiting' is free for all O2 customers. So it should work for payg sim...

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone, who use simplicity or payg O2 sim, can use 'call waiting' function?
    I still couldn't figure out how to solve it. :(