Could not sign in to iMessage.

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by jason.siegel, Jul 28, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

As of a few days ago, I am getting the following error in Messages on OS X 10.8:
    "Could not sign in to iMessage.
    The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later."

Anyone know why this is happening?

2. thread starter macrumors 6502

Now it says "The registering device does not have the appropriate credentials."

3. macrumors regular

I have the same problem as of today. The discussions forums @ support.apple.com said signing out of iCloud then signing in would work, but it didn't for me. I will call AppleCare in th morning. Did you recently add an iDevice to iMessage or are you using iOS 7 beta on any iDevices? I have done both. I changed my AppleID password because I was afraid of a comprised account.

4. macrumors member

I'm getting this same issue with iMessages on my iMac running 10.8.4. So far some of the suggested fixes on the Apple support site have not worked :mad:

5. macrumors member

Could this possibly be related to the iCloud Keychain on the iOS devices using iMessage?

6. macrumors 65816

kappaknight

Hrmm... my iChat/iMessage app have recently started to go crazy as well. I don't remember if it was the exact same day I download and installed iOS 7 w/ the whole cloud keychain thing, but this is pretty annoying.

My Facebook contacts are now all numbers, and the app would randomly pause and beach ball - as if I have bad RAM or something.

7. macrumors 65816

I can't login to imessage on my MBA either.

"The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later"

I haven't registered, i've been using imessage on my mac, iphone, ipad for ages.

8. macrumors newbie

Same error message. I have not added any devices or changed a thing.

9. macrumors regular

Same here. I kept trying to sign in and the error keeps popping up.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502

11. macrumors regular

12. macrumors 65816

13. macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Thank you Google for letting me find HW and SW solutions that any customer service will take ages to provide solutions to

14. macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Yeah, nothing's working for me. I've been using iMessage on my MacPro running 10.8.5 just fine, but it's never worked on my MBP. It just keeps asking for my password. :confused:

15. macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

*crickets*

Anyone? :(