Could someone please help! My Mac Drivers CD got scratched!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by chrisjamez, Jun 29, 2006.

1. chrisjamez macrumors newbie

While installing bootcamp I got an error and it will not let me install windows. The error is " Windows will not start because the file is corrupt or missing <Windows root> \system32\hal.dll. Please reinstall a copy of the above file." I have no idea what this means.

Now all I want to do is log back onto OSX and start the whole installation over again. My Mac Drivers CD got scratched and now I can't load OSX either. Is there a way I could get around this problem! or could someone be kind enough to send me a copy of their mac drivers cd. I'd appreciate any help I could get. Thanks!

2. Considering macrumors newbie

I believe you can still hold the alt key when your mac starts up to enter OS X - it should not be affected by the windows installation process.

3. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

Ahhhh!

Sounds like the Windows I love to remember.:D

This is pretty normal behavior as far as I recall.

4. chrisjamez thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! That worked but it looks like OSX is no longer on my computer. :eek: It looks like I screwed up during disk partition and deleted OSX from my computer. I'll have to reinstall OSX!:mad: