Could we have a sub-forum for reviews?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by jsw, Apr 23, 2006.

1. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

One of the many things I like about these forums is the ability to see reviews people have posted regarding many Apple-related products.

I'm wondering if there would be any interest in creating a sub-forum specifically for reviews, with possible children under it for various categories (sort of like "Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion" but specifically for reviews and maybe under that forum). This might help with searching before buying. For example, to find a review of a given product, I can search for it with some success (but it still requires a lot of weeding, because many more people might mention the Zorg ZF-1 than those specifically reviewing it), but it's often a lot more difficult to search for reviews of products in a general category (I might not know of the Acme 5000 Conflargulator, but if I could see a review category for Sniglets, I could find it there).

Alternately, would there be any way to tag reviews as such so that one could more easily search for them? I could always prepend my thread title with "Review:", but that doesn't mean anyone else would, so, again, searching is difficult today but could be improved with some common tag or label or whatnot.

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

and you could you something like this for the reviews and make it a reviews tab on the main site possibly. However he is currently not selling his scripts due to there being too many people buying them.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Heaven forbid he should get too much business, eh?
    I like the idea of a reviews section that is more 'browse-able', because it would be easier to navigate, and might allow us to 'discover' products that we otherwise wouldn't find.

4. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Well he does have a point in his thread about not selling currently, but that is neither here nor there.

But i would like a review section as well

5. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I like the idea about a review section. We sorta tried it at first with a subforum... but people didn't seem to understand what it was for so they would end up posting about other stuff.

arn

6. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I think it would be a great idea to have a reviews section.